Styling Chequered Roof?

Currently reading:
Styling Chequered Roof?

did you not see the post where they said they can't do it?> :p

Oh - part way through page 4 - sorry :(

Have you thought about buying some black vinyl from a signwriting company and having a go yourself? :chin: The process is a bit like tinting windows - you 'float' the film on using soapy water so that you can squeeze out the air bubbles along with the water. Cutting the squares would be easy for the centre but possibly a bit harder at the edges if you want to get clever and make the squares curved so that they appear square (if you get what I mean) - obviously the professionals decided that was in the too-hard basket! :bang:

BTW the only time I've done this was to put race numbers on the side of my Uno. I used a PC-controlled vinyl cutter, which tends to also be at signwriters...

-Alex

Last edited:
thanks for the thanks(y)

cast vinyl?

".....Because the vinyl is cast on the casting sheet in a relaxed state, this material offers very good dimensional stability. This process also allows the film to be very thin (most cast films are 2 mil), which helps with the conformability of the product. Material manufacturers recommend the use of cast films on substrates such as fleets, vehicles, recreational vehicles or boats where the customer wants a "paint-like" finish that will last a long time, usually five to eight years depending on how the film is processed."

odd, i just tried and was fine, hang on for one of the technically minded mods, i'm sure they'll know the answer

pm the photo to me, i'll see if i can do it for you

maybe its being blocked by my work somehow?>
how can i pm you the pic? if they arent on the net yet, just my computer.
i can send someone an email with all the pics though?

maybe its being blocked by my work somehow?>
how can i pm you the pic? if they arent on the net yet, just my computer.
i can send someone an email with all the pics though?

it's probably the work proxies, i couldn't even get on to the forum from my work.

Heres a pic of my roof taken about 2 mins ago from the top bedroom. IMG_0027.JPG:D

Prepare for chess board jokes...

Last edited:
Back