Technical Check engine light

Currently reading:
Technical Check engine light

Spikeybobster

Hi I have a twinair panda 2012 and the check engine light is on and had been for a while. I took it in and they thought it was a sensor which they replaced but that's didn't fix it. An oil and filter change didn't fix it and a crankshaft sensor has done nothing. So far my bill is £600+, any suggestions? Thanks

Hi I have a twinair panda 2012 and the check engine light is on and had been for a while. I took it in and they thought it was a sensor which they replaced but that's didn't fix it. An oil and filter change didn't fix it and a crankshaft sensor has done nothing. So far my bill is £600+, any suggestions? Thanks

Hi 🙂.
1st step.. Read the error code
2 search the error on here

3 ask us what else you need to know 😉

Very little is 'new'...

I have a similar car 🙂

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for replying. I don't know what the error code is as my car is still in the garage at the mo. Don't know what to do for the best, it had a new battery in Feb, and it drives fine. I wanted to part ex it which is why I took it in the first place but don't think that is possible now with the light on. I don't want to keep on paying money that I will never get back in part ex.

Hi, thanks for replying. I don't know what the error code is as my car is still in the garage at the mo. Don't know what to do for the best, it had a new battery in Feb, and it drives fine. I wanted to part ex it which is why I took it in the first place but don't think that is possible now with the light on. I don't want to keep on paying money that I will never get back in part ex.

Well they don't appear capable of fixing it..

It's been "serviced".. 🙂
So bring it back and get it plugged in

That isn't complicated in itself..

I posted a GUIDE on here 😉

Thank you, I'm going to ring later, I need it for work next week and they've had it for 7 working days so doesn't look like it

You can P/Ex a car with faults just tell them and they'll give you a trade in price accordingly.

I traded in a 2019 Ford Fiesta Zetec after replacing the clutch which cost me £444 but the dealer told me he'd have taken the car in part ex with the clutch needing replaced with a reduction in the trade in price.

I’ve a TA 2013 with the same problem I bought it over a year ago with the yellow triangle on the code is for oil pressure sensor I’ve replaced it still on I changed the timing chain so I replaced the oil pump still on the car is driving fine maybe it’s time to stop throwing parts at it

The yellow triangle (different to the engine warning light) tends to be for non-engine things, such as a failed bulb or issue with the 4WD system..,
Has the code been read with a Fiat-specific reader (such as MES?). Codes are not always correct when read by other systems.
No it hasn’t I’ve just used my own reader it would be worth a trip to fiat to see what they say my reader won’t even delete the code

No it hasn’t I’ve just used my own reader it would be worth a trip to fiat to see what they say my reader won’t even delete the code
Assuming you have checked all the bulbs? You do get a warning in the red display on start up as to which one has gone (well some of them) but it is not that noticeable and disappears. Brake lights are favorite on mine...

Assuming you have checked all the bulbs? You do get a warning in the red display on start up as to which one has gone (well some of them) but it is not that noticeable and disappears. Brake lights are favorite on mine...
Note: the bulb check system has some oddities - it doesn't cover the headlights (you should be able to see if they don't work). It doesn't cover the front fog light, but does the rear. Numberplate yes, but (according to the handbook, not the brake lights). the dash display should show which bulb it thinks has failed.

The handbook does show the yellow triangle can also be a sign of a faulty engine oil pressure sensor, and suggests no message is displayed to accompany this -- so, maybe it is worth getting that checked. Look up the MES register here to see if there's someone local to you in NI, as the garage will charge handsomely to read a code.

Note: the bulb check system has some oddities - it doesn't cover the headlights (you should be able to see if they don't work). It doesn't cover the front fog light, but does the rear. Numberplate yes, but (according to the handbook, not the brake lights). the dash display should show which bulb it thinks has failed.

The handbook does show the yellow triangle can also be a sign of a faulty engine oil pressure sensor, and suggests no message is displayed to accompany this -- so, maybe it is worth getting that checked. Look up the MES register here to see if there's someone local to you in NI, as the garage will charge handsomely to read a code.
Hi I changed nearly all the bulbs in the back they were all working but the number plate lights were in poor shape but my wee light is still on I replaced the oil pressure switch with a genuine one about 4 months ago

Back