Technical Check/clean injectors '97 Weekend 1.6

Currently reading:
Technical Check/clean injectors '97 Weekend 1.6

gnu

Hello, I'm not having injector problems at the moment, but I would like to know how to check them if and when something starts to happen.

I have searched for guides in the forum, but I cant find any. could someone give me some advice, please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there gnu. I had an MG 2.0efi and I was off on caravaning holiday in France. I took the car to a small family run garage and asked about fuel inj cleaning. They had some fluid they put the injectors in and leave overnight. This they did for me and WOW what a difference?!! best £30 I ever spent. I was in Heidelberg in the 1950s when Elvis was in Germany. Is that huge wine vat still there? Fond memories of 'The Student Prince' lovely part of the world yours.

Hello, Austin. Yes, Heidelberg is beautiful, although it's been really cold here the last few weeks. If you were here in the 50's maybe you'll remember 'The Cave' - Germany's oldest jazz club,- in the old town. It's still there, and still packed every weekend. (The spiral staircase is suicide after a night on the town!) Heidelberg has changed a lot in the 20 years I've been here, but the old town is very much the same, too many damn tourists! And, of course, the huge wine vat is still there.

But, back to the subject at hand. What i really need to know is how to dismantle the injectors, without anything stupid happening, so I can clean/test them, and I haven't found anything here yet, hopefully someine will be able to give me some instruction.

P.S. Were you here with the military in the 1950s?

Hello, I've been gone for a while...(work related)...the injector warning light has started coming on occasionally, but I haven't noticed any rough running...I have a leak in the exhaust just in front of the kat which needs to be repaired. Could that be causing the light to come on? I hope so......

Back