General Changing To A GT Steering Wheel

Currently reading:
General Changing To A GT Steering Wheel

Should go on fine but I've heard you should replace the nut around £3 from Fiat, when changing the steering wheel.

Please stick to classifieds for buying/selling.

I got a GT wheel on mine, I didn't replace the nut :eek: it not fallen off yet :)

But don't forget to disconnect your battery throughout doing it....don't forget or you will have an annoying airbag light come on...which would need to be reset...

O you not got airbag anyway have you?

No I don't missey.
I was thinking of removing it. I wouldn't want it to randomly go off in my face when driving.
I don't suppose you know if one can remove airbags without them going off?
Sorry i'm new to this :p

If i remember right...it's seperate, so yeah, cos it has to be taken out to fit the wheel, then just pop the cover back without it on i guess.

sorry my fault, wanted to buy lol

tis ok....you can always pm him ;) (y)

do GT steering wheels fit a Mk2?

Dunno tbh, I would be doubtful (someone else will know) But the HGT is nice interior if you are looking for an upgrade :yum:

As long as you disconnect the battery and leave it to discharge for about thirty minutes, and don't reconnect the battery up until everything is reattached or you'll get the airbag light.

what does it look like?

244987.jpg

Or you can get an Active Sport interior which is the same only seats/doorcards are silver/black instead of blue/black

Last edited:
I've got my steering wheel however there is no way of taking out the airbag seperately due to it all being one piece.
If the airbag isn't connected at all to the car, what is the chance of it going off in my face while driving?
I don't know whether it would be safe or not? There are two little pins on the back of the airbag, I take it when a supply of electricity goes to them it goes off? I'm going to look at how they work but what are your views.
Dan

I've got my steering wheel however there is no way of taking out the airbag seperately due to it all being one piece.
If the airbag isn't connected at all to the car, what is the chance of it going off in my face while driving?
I don't know whether it would be safe or not? There are two little pins on the back of the airbag, I take it when a supply of electricity goes to them it goes off? I'm going to look at how they work but what are your views.
Dan

Anyone?

Back