Technical Changing Spark Plugs (Engine Fault) HELP!

Currently reading:
Technical Changing Spark Plugs (Engine Fault) HELP!

rjcasey

Hi just replacing the spark plugs in my 1.6 stilo with new Bocsh Super4's

The coils where tight but since putting back in they seem to move around (dont know if this is related) but now I have an engine fault message.

Also battery just died and had to charge half way through changing but think this was just because it had been standing over christmas.

Might try putting the old ones back.

EDIT: Just put the old NGKs back in and it works fine no fault so must be the super4s any ideas why would this be?

Thanks

Reece

Last edited:
The coils where tight but since putting back in they seem to move around (dont know if this is related) but now I have an engine fault message.

Bet your life it's related. Coils shouldn't move around, something's wrong there. Sounds like wrong plugs
Stick with the standard NGK spark plugs is my advice, it's what the engine was designed for and seems to run best on.

Last edited:
Changing Spark Plugs - Problem with Bocsh Super4's

Thanks,

But some people on here use Bocsh Super4's dont they??

It drove fine but had the message.

Thanks again,

Reece

Last edited:
Re: Changing Spark Plugs - Problem with Bocsh Super4's

Thanks,

But some people on here use Bocsh Super4's dont they??

It drove fine but had the message.

Thanks again,

Reece

I had them on mine but as Decks has said stick to the NGK's mine ran better when I changed back to them..(y)

Re: Changing Spark Plugs - Problem with Bocsh Super4's

I had them on mine but as Decks has said stick to the NGK's mine ran better when I changed back to them..(y)

super 4's are pants, caused a list of problems, changed back to ngk but, to ngk irridium(y)

When I brought them off ebay they said for 1.6 stilo, so shouldnt they work without a fault message.

Even if now I have found out I should have brought NGKs :bang:

Thanks

Hi,

Turns out that the battery was the problem to the plugs. Got a new battery and the super4's are fine no engine faults.

Looks like the battery was the reason for a few of my other problems aswell

Thanks

Good Good, ive been using bosh super 4's in my 1.6 for about 6 months now with no issue :)

Back