Tuning Changing exhaust backbox

Currently reading:
Tuning Changing exhaust backbox

Hi,
I'm planning to keep my punto for longer than previously thought, and am intrigued by the thought of fitting a beefier sounding backbox to it. Nothing too chavvy, nor too expensive.

Just wondering if any of you could suggest where to get one (at a decent price) that would fit that criteria.

I don't know how complicated they are to fit. Whether you need to have it welded ect.. I don't think I know anyone that can weld, so a place which provided and fitted it would be useful.

I'm in Bournemouth

Regards,
Luke

an exhaust like that you can just bolt on, remove old backbox and bolt the new one on usin a "U" clamp

this exhaust had the pipe goin to where your original exhaust pipe ends so straight swap, with universal ones you have to cut the exiting backbox pipin with angle grinder to right size then weld the new box on or i think you can U clamp it on aswel just vflare the ends so they slide over each other.

Oh right, didn't realise that. So it should be a relatively straight forward job, in theory.
Would it be worth putting some type of sealant around it to make sure its air tight ?

Is it the sort of job I could do with a car jack, or would some decent stands come in handy ?

Oh right, didn't realise that. So it should be a relatively straight forward job, in theory.
Would it be worth putting some type of sealant around it to make sure its air tight ?

Is it the sort of job I could do with a car jack, or would some decent stands come in handy ?

id use stands as you will be layin under the car tryin to push the mounts off and a jack may slip.

just push the exhaust mounts off, and pull the backbox off take a hammer to the old back box if you have to to knock it off, then slide new one on if it doesnt slide on then put 2 slits in the end of the pipe and flare it open slightly then slide ti over and U clamp it, use some exhaust sealant between the 2 overlaping sliding pipes if you want mate(y)

Thought so. Being stuck under the car isn't exactly something I'd like to happen if I'm honest. hehe.

Cool. I'll pop this on my to do list. Don't really have the cash to splash out on this right now. But in a month or so think I'll treat myself.

In terms of stands to use, would something like this be sufficient ?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_216002_langId_-1_categoryId_165727

Not the flashiest of stands, but they'll do the job, surely.

Thought so. Being stuck under the car isn't exactly something I'd like to happen if I'm honest. hehe.

Cool. I'll pop this on my to do list. Don't really have the cash to splash out on this right now. But in a month or so think I'll treat myself.

In terms of stands to use, would something like this be sufficient ?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_216002_langId_-1_categoryId_165727

Not the flashiest of stands, but they'll do the job, surely.

yh axle stands are axle stands no martter what they look like lol

tbh with you i just use bricks as axle stands but thats me and i cant advise it as i dont wanna be responsible if owt happens like car fallin off bricks, so best bet just get the stands mate.;)

Back