Technical Changed IAW16F.ER ECU: how reset key code?

Currently reading:
Technical Changed IAW16F.ER ECU: how reset key code?

I used the soldering to my Cinquecento Sporting without unconnecting battery, now I have the ignition light always on.
I changed the ECU with a second hand one (ignition key is ok, so I'm sure the old ECU has burned), but I haven't now the keys.
I opened the ECU, there is a 8 pin SO package chip with this marks:

L9107
ST 9622

I suppose it's the EEPROM containing the IMMO code.
How can I "reset" the chip to use my own old keys?
Thanks.

Hi

If you have an ECU with brown (purple) and blue keys it is possible to reuse the old blue keys if you have the brown key from the new ECU. The brown key is a master and can tell the ECU to accept 'foreign' blue keys as 'friends'.

If you dont have the brown key for the new ECU you are stuck.

If you have the brown key for the old ECU it may not be cooked and you could try resetting its reprogrammable memory...

There is a link somewhere to the brown key blue key reprogramming mechanism.

Have you a brown key for the new ECU?

Noel

Hi Paul

Think O/P means the ECU ignition key code light...

Noel

I was using a 380V solder ( I don't know the correct name in english, but it is that to solder external parts of car and you have to use sunglasses to protect eyes).
I mounted the ECU on another 500 and I have no reponse with diagnostic software (KL lines to communicato to ECU).

I haven't red (purple) key of ECU supplied from savage.

The thing I don't understand is I tried to mount the other ECU (from my friend, I'm sure that's ok) and use its blue key (I placed the key near the ring antenna and I turned on the car with a chipless key), but the keycode light is still on: are there also other chip units for keycode?

Back