Styling Change alloys on STILO - Help

Currently reading:
Styling Change alloys on STILO - Help

Cule

Can I put this alloys wheels with this dimensions 4x100, 7J, ET28 , on My Stilo 1.9 JTD. Best Regards, Cule

Attachments

• Mille-Miglia-15.jpg
    Mille-Miglia-15.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 39
Yes you can. But you must use wobbly bolts.

These bolts don't "wobble" - all it is, the round "cup" part of the bolt, that pressesagainst the wheel's bolt hole when you tighten them up, is not fixed.. it's loose (like using a curved washer) so that it seats into the wheel bolt hole recess properly but still allows the shank of the bolt to fit into the 98mm PCD holes.

really wanted to get alloys :( but 98 pcd are never cheap.. personally i'd steer clear of wobbly bolts.. your wheels overtaking you is not a nice experience (been told it does happen)

personally i'd steer clear of wobbly bolts..

I agree ..(y) had them on mine and never again..:bang:

If you cant get 4x98 in an after market wheel then either use the fiat ones or dont bother..

There are also people, even on this forum, that never had any problems with these bolts. I only speak from what I've read on this and some other forums. Never tried it myself.

@ Cule

you also need to to know that the offset for fiat stilo, as I read on this forum, is 30 (that's your ET) and the centre bore is 58.1 mm

I presume that those alloys with ET28 will fit since the difference in offset is just 2mm

Wheels normally have big bores (60mm etc) so that they fit on different cars. You need a spigot ring to reduce the bore to the size that suites your car.

I think you are wrong. The ET is more likely above 40 on the Stilo. An ET of 28 will alter the tracking width dramatically. Ofcouse if the alloy is wide, it might work, but a high value ET usually require spacers or have huge and wide brake systems. Low value ET, as 28 will put the wheel far out the arch.

M.

Last edited:
:) i have wobbley bolts on my wheels and i havent had any problems touch wood just do um up nice a tight well at leat 110Nm :)

Attachments

• IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    584.1 KB · Views: 70
lets hope you would never have to hit a curb at about 30 + (e.g. trying to avoid a child) cose then em wobbly bolts would get really wobbly ;) these alloys do look really nice on your stilo though!

Stilo weels is 6.5J 195x65x15 and ET38. What can I do :confused:because on new alloys ET is 28. Is it posible to fit on my car, maby I need reduce spigot ring or something similar for safe driving.....:eek:
Thx..

I got 4x100 16" on my Stilo, with no wobbies, just regular ones, a bit longer then one I got for 15" steels. No problems at all, just screw them on gently little by little. This is second summer I am driving them.

stilo_krop.jpg

My mistake for the stilo's ET :eek:, sorry.

As per the offset calculator provided by A3jeroen because of the different ET, Cule your wheels would be positioned 16mm closer to the outer edge of the car, each. So thats 32mm wider tyre marks. Don't really know if this would be a problem, would the tyres be touching the arches.

On the other hand you would have 4mm more clearance from the wheel to the strut housing.

Check the car's registration papers. You might not be allowed to exceed a tracking width (center wheel to center wheel) as this will differ from the type approval of the car. It is not allowed over here, unless you show it to the authorities and they clear it and state it in new registration papers... Boys in blue are tough here.

M.

Back