Technical Central locking stopped working...

Currently reading:
Technical Central locking stopped working...

dzogi

...just like that. I have car for a couple of years, never had issues with it. A couple of days ago, my central locking just stopped working. Totally:(.
It was in the car when I bought it, so I have no idea what type it is/where it's mounted etc.
Are there any known issues?
I have 2 door model, and it covers only 2 doors, w/o trunk. Key operated.

(another question: I've been thinking about buying remote locking set on e-bay. Any reccomendations/experiences/advice? How hard is it to build in?)

Lol, seems like you are gonna dish out another $30. At least thats how much the 3 door kits go for.

So.
I'm definitely up for buying remote central locking kit.
I guess e-bay is the weapon of choice, but:
-there's possibility my unit is not working, so I am practically buying a kit for the car with NO central locking;
-are there any recommendations? What to look for? There's plenty of kits on e-bay, any help to pick one out of masses?
-if anyone has a kit or maybe his friend sells one, I'd be happy to buy it.
Thanks, dzogi.

OK, so I bought "Hawk" central locking kit, 4 actuators version, no optionals at all (cheap version) :rolleyes:

Question:
-Since I have 2 door car, I'll have 2 actuator connections left empty. On that wires, there's a blink of power when locked/unlocked. Can I connect that wires to my turn-lights, so that they blink when locked/unlocked? Where should I connect it? Somewhere near "all-four" switch?

In general, I need a wire that lights all four turn-lights on when live.
Where is it...? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

i would use a relay bypassing the all4 turning lights switch since the turn lights already have a live wire

i think i should correct my statement. since the switch for all 4 turning lights also actuates a relay, you could just connect that live wire to one of the pins, don't know wich number.

Back