500 Cant find

Currently reading:
500 Cant find

Just joined the Fiat Forum so, Hi Everyone!:wave:

I've recently been looking for a first car and am thrilled to have chosen a Fiat 500 Pop, however all three dealers in Western Australia are only getting at most 7 in each, most of which are under contract (condition of test drive) or sold. Finding it impossible to even find one for test drive. (Cant secure one as I dont want to sign anything until tested). The next shipment ive been advised wont be in till october after this one. I however did drive the Twinair and was sold straight away.
Is there anyone having the same problem getting the Pop in perth?
And if so has anyone found a solution?
Love this car but having so much trouble finding one.

Any help would be much appreciated. Hope you all love this little mighty mouse as much as I hope as an owner I will too!
Cheers

If they're all sold under condition of a test drive, surely you can do the same. The Pop is a bit slower than a TA in ECO mode (needs more revs), and of course without that wonderful sound. The other solution is to by a TA. It's well worth the extra.

Due to buying the car with another buyer, I cant sign anything without both agreed. Which isnt the case. The twin air is great, but a good 5-6k more. So im finding it all very difficult. Not enjoying the process at all.

Unfortunately the deal here in Aus was presented before any dealers had the model in. Apparently others are in the same boat. So thought I'd post here.

Hey JamesBondFiat

We just took delivery of our Twinair, off the showroom floor here in Brisbane.
Could have been a Rockstar or we chose the Twinair plus because of the side bump strips and silver dash.

Has the Dualogic gearbox which is a real buzz. Love the paddles.
It is not a fast change like the twin clutch gearboxes but it is just part of the overall fun factor of the car.

Don't know what the prices are like, but guessing that if they have more buyers than cars you might be able to get one from the east coast shipped over.
We paid $19,500 drive away if that helps at all.

We initially found ours on Carsales and negotiated from there.
Should be able to do a real good deal before the end of the month

Good luck - and agree with the earlier post - go for the Twinair if you can

I am new to FIAT but already crazy about them! My dealer is getting a few in this month but the 1 red, 2 funk, & 1 white were already sold prior to them coming in and the only one not sold was Sol Yellow so that is what I signed a contract for.
I really don't understand all of the TwinAir, 500 c and all the rest. I gather now from what you have said that the 500 doesn't have as much power as the TwinAir but I felt at $19,500 it is starting to get a bit pricey and if I wanted to spend more (mine is Dualogic at $15,500) then I'd spend $20,400 and get the 500 c. I think it is gorgeous. But I did have reservations, like does the wind get in, does the roof fade, is it practical or is there no difference to the normal 500 with the roof on??? How many others here have a 500 c? Also, I understand that it has a smaller motor than the straight 500. Argh, too many questions and I really want to learn about them.

I am new to FIAT but already crazy about them! My dealer is getting a few in this month but the 1 red, 2 funk, & 1 white were already sold prior to them coming in and the only one not sold was Sol Yellow so that is what I signed a contract for.
I really don't understand all of the TwinAir, 500 c and all the rest. I gather now from what you have said that the 500 doesn't have as much power as the TwinAir but I felt at $19,500 it is starting to get a bit pricey and if I wanted to spend more (mine is Dualogic at $15,500) then I'd spend $20,400 and get the 500 c. I think it is gorgeous. But I did have reservations, like does the wind get in, does the roof fade, is it practical or is there no difference to the normal 500 with the roof on??? How many others here have a 500 c? Also, I understand that it has a smaller motor than the straight 500. Argh, too many questions and I really want to learn about them.
I was going to attempt to answer your questions, but the Fiat Australia site is ****e, so best someone who's been into a dealer answers those for you.

I paid $23000 for my TA manual six months ago so all you sods are getting a steal! The TA also gets you alloy wheels, better seats, leather wheel, B&M, climate etc. It's a bit of a price jump but it's almost worth the spend for the inteior alone, which where you'll actually be spending your time. I think you now get tinted rear glass too. The C is almost as practical but without the full height hatch, and the boot space is slightly more limited.

I was going to attempt to answer your questions, but the Fiat Australia site is ****e, so best someone who's been into a dealer answers those for you.
Actually I've found the info.

The 500c is available with a 1.2, 1.4 or the 900cc twinair engine. In order of power (highest to lowes) you have 1.4> twinair > 1.2.

The roofs haven't really been known to fade especially in the UK, but having lived in Australia for 23 years of my life, I know what the sun down there does to things and I'd say that it'll probably fade as much or as little as any other ragtop.

It is no more/less practical other than the fact that the hatch doesn't open in the same way it does on the hatchback.

I paid $23000 for my TA manual six months ago so all you sods are getting a steal! The TA also gets you alloy wheels, better seats, leather wheel, B&M, climate etc. It's a bit of a price jump but it's almost worth the spend for the inteior alone, which where you'll actually be spending your time. I think you now get tinted rear glass too. The C is almost as practical but without the full height hatch, and the boot space is slightly more limited.

It's a bit silly how the sales in Australia seem to be geared towards cars in stock, I suspect half the people on here (in the UK) would wait an extra 2 or 3 months to get a car exactly how they want it.

I was on the phone to my folks in Perth on the weekend and my dad was saying how he liked the looks of the 500L, this is my dad ffs! A guy who has an original 500 in the shed. I hope I'm adopted.....

It's a bit silly how the sales in Australia seem to be geared towards cars in stock, I suspect half the people on here (in the UK) would wait an extra 2 or 3 months to get a car exactly how they want it.

I was on the phone to my folks in Perth on the weekend and my dad was saying how he liked the looks of the 500L, this is my dad ffs! A guy who has an original 500 in the shed. I hope I'm adopted.....
LOL about your dad. Thanks for making it clearer to me about the power etc. I was going to hang out but since the dealers don't know when the next lot are coming in it was too much left to chance. In fact I was told if lucky they might get here in Nov.
I am using it to advertise my company on (good excuse to get one) so I didn't want to leave it longer. I will work with the Sol Yellow and if I love the car as much as I expect, then I will order in another but be prepared for some time lag.
Thanks again!

306Maxi - I dont know that the British would wait longer haha, its been that long already waiting to find one. It really is unfortunate that its all on condition of stock, they would sell a lot more.

Catmail - Hello again! I've test driven both the TwinAir and the 1.2 and personally I wouldnt purchase the TwinAir for the extra. And the Twinair is beautiful. The drive comparison and interior comparison is honestly almost nill. The TwinAir has slight extra noise because the 1.2L makes the car smoother and quieter, however that roar that make you feel like a speed demon in the TA is almost identical, just a tiny bit quieter in the 1.2. Which is remarkable. Personally, as you are, im not looking to spend $19,500, but I also personally wouldnt feel paying the extra was worth it for an almost identical car with a TA tag. I was blown away with how close and brilliant both were. Both were very similar.

The 500c is available with a 1.2, 1.4 or the 900cc twinair engine. In order of power (highest to lowes) you have 1.4> twinair > 1.2.

I don't think the 1.4 is available here anymore but who knows :confused: It's no longer listed in Wheels.

306Maxi - I dont know that the British would wait longer haha, its been that long already waiting to find one. It really is unfortunate that its all on condition of stock, they would sell a lot more.

Like I said though, if you'd just ordered one at the start then you wouldn't be waiting and knowing whether you're going to get a car or not.

I my dad was saying how he liked the looks of the 500L, this is my dad ffs! A guy who has an original 500 in the shed. I hope I'm adopted.....

I've got to say it's a bit of a "grower",
saw 1 in the showroom months ago and thought:( well I'm sure it's better than a BMW version,
then saw a load of signwritten / loaners - not too sure,
now there are actuallly a few privately purchased ones around I'm OK with them,
maybe the people spending their OWN money are buying the colour / trims that actually WORK with the cars looks, :worship:

Anyway, it should have been called a "multipla" as that's the 60's FIAT it's been " styled "around:rolleyes:,
Charlie

Catmail - Hello again! I've test driven both the TwinAir and the 1.2 and personally I wouldnt purchase the TwinAir for the extra. And the Twinair is beautiful. The drive comparison and interior comparison is honestly almost nill. The TwinAir has slight extra noise because the 1.2L makes the car smoother and quieter, however that roar that make you feel like a speed demon in the TA is almost identical, just a tiny bit quieter in the 1.2. Which is remarkable. Personally, as you are, im not looking to spend $19,500, but I also personally wouldnt feel paying the extra was worth it for an almost identical car with a TA tag. I was blown away with how close and brilliant both were. Both were very similar.
JamesBondFiat, I am glad you cleared that up for me. I won't bother trying the TwinAir now, but I wouldn't mind checking out the 500C.....one day! It's pretty cool that you don't mind what colour one you get. My dealer said they may even be able to trade off with another dealer if someone else had a colour in that I wanted. It didn't get to that but I was wondering about your situation. Standing by to hear about any news!

JamesBondFiat, I am glad you cleared that up for me. I won't bother trying the TwinAir now, but I wouldn't mind checking out the 500C.....one day!

As I said in a previous post, we had the original Bambino 500's way back in the dark ages, making us life members of "the old farts club". So the "new" 500 is as a nostalgic event for us but there is a lot more to it given all the people who are buying them who probably may never have seen or heard the Bambino in the flesh, let alone driven one.

IMHO, the appeal of the 2 cylinder would vary, person to person, so given the size of the financial investment would suggest a test drive to see if the "sound" is for you. Given that the TwinAir experience is as much about that 2 cylinder SOUND, as it is about performance, handling, sound system and in our case the absolute magic and fun of the Dualogic gearbox

In passing, the Bambino had a non-syncro 4 speed gearbox, you could just bang it through on gear changes and it made a bit of a sound as the dogs aligned the gears and they meshed, or you could "double shuffle" for silent changes - was all part of the fun of driving that car. With experience when climbing a hill with the accelerator flat on the floor, you could double shuffle back to 3rd gear without lifting your foot on the accelerator
I digress - bad habit I have

Back to the TwinAir- it goes like a scalded cat in the lower gears when you give it a bootfull - it makes the fantastic sound - and - sadly your economy goes out the window !!
Ah well - you can't have everything

So again, IMHO, provided the additional cost of the TwinAir is within your budget, it is well worth a look before you make the final decision.

Just my 2c

Last edited:
Reactions: UFI
As I said in a previous post, we had the original Bambino 500's way back in the dark ages, making us life members of "the old farts club"??
Gee, is that what this is? And does that mean I have joined too??;)

All I know is that I am on Car Sales each day looking to see what people are selling theirs for privately. Given that they have purchased them at a higher price, most are close to the new price now yet they have done over 20,000 k's in them. That would be frustrating for the seller.

I too would suggest at least testing the TA, but my honest opinion was the new 1.2, which is now available in the pop, has been transformed to be almost identical to a twin air. Driving both it really was that similar. I didnt expect to test the 1.2 and think that as I'd been told it wouldnt be as racy or loud. But really it was just a slight bit quieter. Besides that, no difference. Its impressive that they have made a car almost identical with a different engine, and as it seems to be, better economy in the 1.2, despite the 0.9 claiming to be cheaper. But it wont because of the turbo. Its nothing against the TA, i just found it impressive that their so similar, and as my price range is $14000, I was kinda chuffed.

I'm unfortunately not having any luck. Turns out from the very beginning (which they failed to disclose) there were only ever 3 manuals arriving till October. And even then, if there arent any available, its wont be till after Feb. There is a manual in perth they would sell to me, but then informed me their keeping it as a demo and cant sell it to me. :bang:
There is only pink, and I'd be really disappointed if after all this time, my much loved fiat 500 ended up pink. At this stage not really sure what to do. I cant get the TA for less than 17,500, and thats way out of my price range.
And I cant get one over from another dealer as there isnt any there either.
Very disappointed overall.

Last edited:
Back