Technical Camshaft sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Camshaft sensor

grm

Hi All,

It seems the crankshaft sensor on my 1.2 16v has given up the ghost today and I've spent the day trying to source a new one that I could pick up today. It seems that the earliest anyone can get hold of one is 2-3 days (n). As I need to car would anyone take a chance with a replacement from a scrap yard or just bite the bullet and wait for a new one next week?

Cheers
Gav.

replace with a new part, you don't know how long the "second hand" part would last, so if it went within 6 months then it's a false economy

depends how desperate you are if its £5 from a scrappy and it sorts you out till the new one comes then id do it... ive done it before! but you take your chances with anything from a scrappy lol

depends how desperate you are if its £5 from a scrappy and it sorts you out till the new one comes then id do it... ive done it before! but you take your chances with anything from a scrappy lol

Decided to order a new one from Fiat even though it means having to wait until Wednesday. It was only £25+VAT and a local scrappy wanted £20 for a used one :eek:

Part arrived today. Unfortunately it was the wrong part. They sent a crankshaft sensor and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to fit in the camshaft sensor hole. You have to laugh I guess. I'll try again tomorrow ;-)

Hi All,

It seems the crankshaft sensor on my 1.2 16v has given up the ghost today and I've spent the day trying to source a new one that I could pick up today. It seems that the earliest anyone can get hold of one is 2-3 days (n). As I need to car would anyone take a chance with a replacement from a scrap yard or just bite the bullet and wait for a new one next week?

Cheers
Gav.

You said crankshaft sensor in your first post on this thread. :confused:

You said crankshaft sensor in your first post on this thread. :confused:

:eek:

Put camshaft sensor in the title though :D

Definitely ordered a camshaft one though as the part number on the box was right but the component inside was wrong. :bang:

Last edited:
Back