Technical Camshaft sensor fault P0340 on 2010 ducato motorhome

Currently reading:
Technical Camshaft sensor fault P0340 on 2010 ducato motorhome

Cmstewart

Hi Cmstewart here again I mentioned wrong fault code on Friday ! As I said had cam sensor renewed with a Bosch one , wiring loom checked by auto spark , timing belt replaced and ecu tested and came back with nothing wrong with it ! What else can I try as vehicle still struggles to start & goes into limp mode ! Can anyone out there please help !

Check your battery terminals and where the battery earth grounds to the chassis and from there to the engine

HI, Check the timing chain! I had such a problem, the clamping bolt was swayed and one shaft did not rotate.

Auto electrician refitted factory checked ecu and another ! Cam sensor still getting same fault code and struggling to start ! Any ideas this must have happened to somebody 🤞 cheers Colin

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-14-12-20-21-541_app.rvx.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-14-12-20-21-541_app.rvx.android.youtube.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 23
I am fully aware that it is 2.3.But the 2.3 has a timing belt, but there is also a chain of camshafts on the opposite side of the engine
Hi ducato 74 me again , still no joy with cam sensor fault ! Got another auto electrician involved, checking sensor , wiring and sent ecu away for second time ! Came back showing no faults . Did your cam chain fault bring up cam sensor fault and amber management light ? Colin .

Hi ducato 74 me again , still no joy with cam sensor fault ! Got another auto electrician involved, checking sensor , wiring and sent ecu away for second time ! Came back showing no faults . Did your cam chain fault bring up cam sensor fault and amber management light ? Colin .
Yeah, skipped a timing belt. He makes that mistake too.
I had a bolt on the timing chain, from there skipping the belt and an error in the camshaft sensor.

Morning Ducato 74 ; second auto spark told be to get timing checked all again . I’ve booked van into local garage for this but they don’t think I have this small cam chain as well as timing belt ! My reg is HIG 8492 , or would they need chassis no to confirm this . Cheers again Colin 👍

Morning Ducato 74 ; second auto spark told be to get timing checked all again . I’ve booked van into local garage for this but they don’t think I have this small cam chain as well as timing belt ! My reg is HIG 8492 , or would they need chassis no to confirm this . Cheers again Colin 👍

Yes it does

The timing of both camshafts must be checked via the inspection holes in the top of the valve cover using "special" tools.

Do not run engine more than absolutely necessary until checked as if one of the bolts holding one of the chain sprockets is not tight it could destroy the engine.

Yes it does

The timing of both camshafts must be checked via the inspection holes in the top of the valve cover using "special" tools.

Do not run engine more than absolutely necessary until checked as if one of the bolts holding one of the chain sprockets is not tight it could destroy the engine.
In confirmation of the presence of the chain, attached below is a line drawing of the x244jtd from which the 2.3 multijet was evolved. The chain is clearly visible at the top of the drawing.

Attachments

• x244 2.3jtd.pdf
    245.3 KB · Views: 7
Back