Technical Camshaft pulley

Currently reading:
Technical Camshaft pulley

Has anybody got a camshaft pulley for a ducato 2.5d 8144.67 engine 1989
Have you checked Iveco , Citroen or Peugeot derivatives around same age as used same basic Sofim engine. It may be worth checking if the later 2.8 pulley fits as still some of those around.
Years ago I had a 2.8 Iveco Daily with a damaged cylinder head and got a 2.5 to fit but they were DI , not indirect injection engines so possibly other differences.

Not saying buy this , but compare pulley as a reference.
eBay item number:255544610643
By the way don't think to put a Iveco 2.8 engine in as rear wheel drive so engine bottom end is different. However a Citroen Relay or similar may be worth looking into as FWD, but there are other changes with year etc.

Not saying buy this , but compare pulley as a reference.
eBay item number:255544610643
By the way don't think to put a Iveco 2.8 engine in as rear wheel drive so engine bottom end is different. However a Citroen Relay or similar may be worth looking into as FWD, but there are other changes with year etc.
All that's happened is the outer guide has come loose and come off most pictures you see of similar pulley's don't have any guides not sure if I can use it without the guide

All that's happened is the outer guide has come loose and come off most pictures you see of similar pulley's don't have any guides not sure if I can use it without the guide
I can't remember offhand, but do any of the lower pulleys have guides that keep the belt on the "straight and narrow" as I know on many cam belt pulley set ups the cam pulley doesn't use guides, but it may be because their lower pulleys keep the belt in line. I know it isn't the tensioner or guide pulleys as on that engine they are just smooth like a bearing race.
On some engines you can turn it over a few times to see if it starts to creep, I recall telling someone to quickly shut an engine down as he had started it up without the tin pulley that the fanbelt ran on, but that also did the job of keeping the cambelt in position, luckily caught in time!
Sorry I am not much help as it was a few years ago that I last worked on any.:)

Last edited:
Back