Technical Cambelt & Engine light

Currently reading:
Technical Cambelt & Engine light

Sensible - breakdowns can be very costly.

On mine the cam sensor just bolts on but It seems they are a bit sensitive so yours could be faulty. Bear in mind the ECU fault codes are often symptoms so dont treat them as gospel facts to fix. For example a faulty spark plug can cause lambda sensor faults to appear as too much unburnt fuel is going through.

Got a call from the garage, car's had new plugs, HT leads were checked and he is convinced they are ok.

I may still change these myself, is it a case of simple pull off and plug in? just make sure I conn in the correct order.

I had this U1601 code again with no other fault codes, no more P0300 or P0420 this time.

It seems this is a high speed can issue? no idea what this means.

ok think my mis-fires are solved.

Got the old man to check the leads, 1-3 went smooth, number 4 when we removed the lead from the plug, the inner connector was left behind on the plug.

I am hoping thats the source of the mis-fire solved, I have taken the car for a good shake down on the dual carriage way and its running sweet.

The engine lights not lite again, I just need to see if U1601 returns, The garage said he thinks that means the ECU has issues, but I am not certain, and he wasn't certain.

I had the crank and cam sensors checked as well, and I the guy re-checked his timing from the week before.

Cat appears to be ok as well, fingers crossed.

Thanks to all the guys who helped so far, this site really is a goldmine, will make a decent donation as soon as poss as well.

Last edited:
Back