General Calling all fiorino owners.

Currently reading:
General Calling all fiorino owners.

1990 fiorino with wheelchair mod. 90558 miles
there's more out there
hi just joined. had a few punto/bravas in past but needed summat to take wheelchair at 67 an tight wouldn't go mod to keep cost down an foun a 1994 fiorino car derived van for 800 11 months mot an 39000 miles so i got it. god may be easy on loading but steering is very heavy. is this usual, bin driving since 1967 an can't remember . one thing that bthers me is spare parts r there any other compatable fiats, mine is 1300 brazilion engine. any help please.
regards geoff in merseyside

Welcome Geoff,

Parts are no big problem, the Fiorino is still being made in Brazil ( in fact all Fiorino's are Brazilian made).
If your local parts supplier doesn't have the part you need, go to any Fiat dealer, they will get it for you, prices are low for most parts.

As for the heavy steering, you probably don't have power steering, but raising the tire pressure will do wonders.

Welcome Geoff,

Parts are no big problem, the Fiorino is still being made in Brazil ( in fact all Fiorino's are Brazilian made).
If your local parts supplier doesn't have the part you need, go to any Fiat dealer, they will get it for you, prices are low for most parts.

As for the heavy steering, you probably don't have power steering, but raising the tire pressure will do wonders.
thanks peter, by how much can i increase pressures, dash says 1.9 bar all round. how about the heater, drive approx 20 miles and still blows cold. temp gauge never moves from bottom, got new stat to fit do u think this is the ans.
geoff

Had my Fiorino 1.7D about 10 years ago when I was in buisness,absolutely excellent van with high miles when I bought it,well built very good engine,brilliant load space.Run it for about 2 years with no problems(y)
Hope the new Qubo I just bought is as good as its older brother!

Hi just purchased a G-reg fiorino with wheel chair adaptation for not much money.I hope it will give me lots of nice drives.Just one little worry: I don't know a thing about the 1.3 carb engine its coming with :confused: could someone shed some light one this one for me?

It's the same engine used in many other Fiat models, like the Uno, Ritmo etc.
As it is Brazilian made, it was build to run on gasohol, that's almost 100% alcohol, without lead of course.
So it should run on unleaded fuel very well.

Last edited:
Thanks peter pick-up.One more question though:What is the fuel economy like on the 1.3 machine in comparison to the 1.2 Fire?I tried and talk it through with a friend of mine who swears by the 1.2 Fire block (and who kindly offered me to assist me with an engine swap if i decide so) but even he knew little about the 1.3 version.Just trying to get some info together...

Hi, just got a 1998 1.7TD at the weekend,
cracking little van,
100K and no history :(
so need to be giving her some TLC over the next week or so,
oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, and cam belt,
where can I find a manual? or at least some info on the belt change? I think I can work out the rest ok, except for, how much oil?
oh, and Ive read a few threads about fan belts, should I be worried?
I'll start a new thread with a few other niggly bits , nothing serious I dont think though.

Albert, :)

Welcome!

As for the oil, go to www.castrol.co.uk for all the info.( 4,5 Litre of I'm not mistaken)
Fanbelt should be OK, I never had any issues with mine in 10 years, renew it every 30.000 mls or so, and use good quality, like Gates.
A manual for the Fiorino is very hard to find, sometimes they show up on Ebay.
The 1,7TD engine is used in various models, though, so you can use almost any Fiat manual that covers the 1,7TD version ( Ritmo, Regatta, Uno, Tipo etc.etc)

thanks Peter,
any guides or such like on the cam belt change?
this is my big worry with having no history,
would like to get it done this weekend if possible,
the actual mechanics of it is not a worry, its the timing aspect Im not so sure about what lining up with what.

Albert,

Again, you can use any manual ( Haynes) that covers the 1,7 (T)D engine.
Timing marks are more or less all the same.
A good quality belt kit ( Gates) will have instructions about timingmarks included.
The belt kit should contain: belt, bearing and tensioner/ bearing.
You may have to unbolt the rightside motormount, to lift the engine some inches to reach the bearing that needs to be changed.
It's a tight fit.....!!

Not yet, my nieces boyfriend giving me a hand with it this weekend coming hopefully,
He is a mechanic so getting me a kit from work,
been sorting a load of other little bits out on it though, water leak due to part of windscreen seal missing, and I now have a functioning radio , cig lighter(for charging phone) and inside lights, also have another cig lighter for charging wired in a slightly more sensible position, :)

Hi I have a fiat fiorino van 1997 1.4 petrol with 95,000 miles... Im looking for a passenger head light if you know where I can get one please reply....
many thanks ..stewart

Hello, i am making a list of all the fiorino owners on this page as i want to know if there are any other fiorino owners apart from me. Also please put your mileage on (hopefully some mega mileages :)).

1: Christopher Watson - 1993 L, fiorino 1.7D, 117000 miles.
Hi,I have a Brazilian 95 1.7 D Fiorino,110,000 miles and have replaced a lot of parts over the past 5 years.Starts on the button but now living near the sea so constantly chasing rust.First time owning a Fiat.....easy to work on.Getting spare parts in Ireland is a problem with older vehicles.Especially Fiorinos.From my research there are only 3 of this age left in Ireland.

Hi there,
2000 X-reg 1.7TD Fiorino Van 120000 in not too bad condition consideriung age and mileage.

Has had the light stalk bypassed with a switch!!!
Windscreen wiper stalk/switch does'nt work!!!
Stick NEW starter motor (i think?) Bump starts and will start pretty much all day on the key. However, the next day, turn the key and all the dash lights come up, turn it to start and NOTHING??? bump start her and off you go...

I paid £200 for her with 6 months MOT & tax, so a real bargain!

Any pointers on my problems would be of help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi New to the forum :) will be asking a few question ;)

2008 Fiorino 1.3 mulitjet live in Turkey so cars are very expensive paid apox.£11,000 new with 1 year free insurance normal warranties.
20,000 mileage.
Not had any problems until this week and knocking nose from steering took to dealers,out of warranty but they still repair free,not sure what is was ?

Nice to be here to be able to pick your brains

Back