BT SPORT- having sole rights to Motorsport

Currently reading:
BT SPORT- having sole rights to Motorsport

Having followed MotoGP on Eurosport for @ 15 years = excellent coverage,:D

then gave-up cable last year to "endure" the BBC's half-arsed coverage :(

I though I would switch broadband provider to get BT sports "free service",
apparently on the basics package it's NOT live TV..:confused:

but it's a web-based service..not dissimilar to the British Eurosport " player" :bang:

reasonable quality..but NOT live, and an arse to try and record if you're out,

it's not an "on-demand" service , but is basically broadcast on a Web-schedule.. if you're not around..you'll not see it,:cry:

I read lots of web articles about the series organisers being called to allow DELAYED coverage.. as I believe the BBC are paying for with F1 in 2014,
but so far it appears the deal is now done for another 4 years..,

looks like I'll be getting a satellite dish up again.!! :D

Charlie

Last edited:
As someone who is entitled to bt sport but really cannot be bothered due to the way you have to watch it I find it hard to believe that if they are trying to take on sky sports they decided to make it such an utter f**k on for none sky customers to get it.

Main issue seems to stem from bt sports reliance on you having a set top box from a previous provider and viewing card...if you have neither then while technically its possible to have it via a computer its not very convenient.

OK,
I gave up virgin media for a "smart" freeview box , it has BT sport 1 + 2 channels shown..BUT I' need to subscribe to a service to watch it..!!:rolleyes:

fiar enough.. but - there is so much / little accurate info that I'm gettitng VERY mixed messages,

I THINK,
If i get a BT internet + phone package,= I get a web-based service,

if I get BT infinity = it's the TV service ( I've already got Icons for..??):confused:
but am paying a fair bit more for it..:(

I'll wait until the post Xmas dust settles..
looked at BT deals at work , with a Sainsburys voucher deal,
got home to sign-up , voucher is now less than HALF (n)

chances are there IS a way to get it enabled without paying a £15 a month package subscription..for what the Eurosport player costs @ £5:cry:

thanks for your input though, (y)

Charlie

Ah, just looked:

3 ways to watch

1. On Sky Digital Satellite Platform If you have a Sky satellite receiver box and viewing card, you can easily take BT Sport from us. You don't need to be a BT customer –but if you switch to our broadband, you'll get BT Sport for free. And it's only available here. Includes BT Sport app and online player.
  2. On BT TV Get free live sport in your living room with a BT TV and BT Infinity superfast broadband package. Can't get BT Infinity? We've got an option for you. Includes BT Sport app and online player.
  3. Online player and app Stream the action to your PC or Mac, or get the app to watch it on your tablet or smartphone –all absolutely free with BT Broadband and BT Infinity packages.
So if you have BT Broadband [but not Sky and/or Infinity] then it is limited to the Online player only - but free as part of your package. So mine is linked to the TV and I can record as I do any other Sky program.

Last edited:
Back