Tuning Brembo Max discs and what pads? 105bhp 0.9

Currently reading:
Tuning Brembo Max discs and what pads? 105bhp 0.9

I have a 2015 105bhp twinair and the mods have started already, I have just ordered Brembo Max discs, front and rear, and now I am looking at what pads too gets. I have no idea which ones are the best for some spirited driving but also there doesn't seem to be much choice in which pads I can get.

I ordered the discs from TMC and they recommend EBC greenstuff or red, and Ferodo ds2500.

What are peoples opions? Also if anyone is interested i am going to be getting B14s this year for the car, then a remap :)

I have a 2015 105bhp twinair and the mods have started already, I have just ordered Brembo Max discs, front and rear, and now I am looking at what pads too gets. I have no idea which ones are the best for some spirited driving but also there doesn't seem to be much choice in which pads I can get.

I ordered the discs from TMC and they recommend EBC greenstuff or red, and Ferodo ds2500.

What are peoples opions? Also if anyone is interested i am going to be getting B14s this year for the car, then a remap :)

Let me know how the new brakes feel! The b14's are nice but I still do not like the fiats handling as it is front wheel drive and it has a very short wheelbase.

Let me know how the new brakes feel! The b14's are nice but I still do not like the fiats handling as it is front wheel drive and it has a very short wheelbase.

I will do! I just need to find some pads, ive emailed a few places to gind out but nothing yet, when ive looked on larkspeed the product code for the 0.9 and 1.4 are the same but im not 100% certain if the 0.9 85 and the 105 version share the same pads, all a bit confusing.

I have also looked in the front strut bar kit from TMC so once I get the b14s I may look into that

I will do! I just need to find some pads, ive emailed a few places to gind out but nothing yet, when ive looked on larkspeed the product code for the 0.9 and 1.4 are the same but im not 100% certain if the 0.9 85 and the 105 version share the same pads, all a bit confusing.

I have also looked in the front strut bar kit from TMC so once I get the b14s I may look into that

Forget my answer in PM you have vented discs on the 105TA so they are different.

Brembo Max are inferior, Midle East made crap discs, that wear out very, very fast.
If you're serious about performance, forget about them.
Brembo does make quality discs, but they are expensive..
www.mtecbrakes.com are good aftermarket discs, together with Ferodo DS Performance pads, great combo.

Last edited:
Brembo Max are inferior, Midle East made crap discs, that wear out very, very fast.
If you're serious about performance, forget about them.
Brembo does make quality discs, but they are expensive..
www.mtecbrakes.com are good aftermarket discs, together with Ferodo DS Performance pads, great combo.

Thanks for the info :) How quickly do they wear out? The issue im having is finding discs and pads for the twinair 105 as they are all aimed at the 85 which is a different set up

i'll be honest with you here, the ventilated discs on the 105 TA are more than good enough for the car. I have never felt the car to be under braked so I think you are better off spending the money elsewhere to improve the car = )

Now the normal TA, that's another story, the lack of ventilated discs and smaller sizes make the braking performance of the 85 noticeably worse than the 105.

i'll be honest with you here, the ventilated discs on the 105 TA are more than good enough for the car. I have never felt the car to be under braked so I think you are better off spending the money elsewhere to improve the car = )

Now the normal TA, that's another story, the lack of ventilated discs and smaller sizes make the braking performance of the 85 noticeably worse than the 105.

well the car is getting remapped and new exhaust this summer so this is just prep work :)

.............. for some spirited driving ............
What do you mean?
Track work? Racing?

Dunno about where you live, but "spirited driving" on the roads is a big no-no here these days.
We have speed limits and traffic to contend with.

Regards,
Mick.

What do you mean?
Track work? Racing?

Dunno about where you live, but "spirited driving" on the roads is a big no-no here these days.
We have speed limits and traffic to contend with.

Regards,
Mick.
i find B roads pretty fun to do spirited driving in the uk. it's nice how some hairpins or 90 degree corners have the national speed limit sign on them = )

There's one downhill from Englefield Green to Old Winsor in Surrey (if people know the area) thats national speed limit so if you want, you can brake very late and hard from 60 mph to get to the junction and then throttle out after turning round the roundabout to go back up to speed after youve slowed all the way down. Managed to drift the rear wheels of the 1 series BMW i was renting on the wet leaves at the exit of the roundabout in autumn. You see? Legal fun!

Last edited:
i find B roads pretty fun to do spirited driving in the uk. it's nice how some hairpins or 90 degree corners have the national speed limit sign on them

Sadly ahmett, I believe most road traffic accidents resulting in death of the driver/passengers, occur on country roads, people doing exactly what you describe. Sadly, some people out there genuinely believe they are 'excellent' drivers with 'skills'.

Sadly ahmett, I believe most road traffic accidents resulting in death of the driver/passengers, occur on country roads, people doing exactly what you describe. Sadly, some people out there genuinely believe they are 'excellent' drivers with 'skills'.

I agree with you frupi. One must drive responsibly, but that doesn't mean you can't have some fun on the roads !

I think it does.

Don't get me wrong, I've been driving since 1970 and have had a variety of faster cars. It was when I was commuting up and down the M6 and M5 in the early 70's that I was the fastest car on the road. My idea was that I never had to look in the mirror because no-one was going to come up behind me.

Speed?
85mph or maybe 90mph.
Try that nowadays. Most folk are doing that, and the same roads are bumper to bumper! When I was doing it, there were miles sometimes between vehicles.

Also, 30 years ago, B roads were empty. Our road to the next town was empty most of the time. I could do a steady 80 and be there in 5mins. These days, it takes nearly 15mins and there's no chance of overtaking due the traffic in both directions.

Maybe you could drive at 3am at a "spirited" speed, but during the day - all week that is! - it cannot be done.

It's unsociable, wasteful in fuel, and highly and dangerous not just to you, but to other road users.

Good luck, and stay safe out there.
Mick.

Managed to drift the rear wheels of the 1 series BMW i was renting on the wet leaves at the exit of the roundabout in autumn. You see? Legal fun!

Intentionally drifting a car on the public highway is dangerous driving and would (IMO quite rightly) get you a significant period of disqualification if you were spotted by the boys in blue.

Should your actions result in the death of an innocent third party, you'd likely be doing some serious jail time.

If you want to play like this, there are plenty of track day opportunities available.

Last edited:
Intentionally drifting a car on the public highway is dangerous driving and would (IMO quite rightly) get you a significant period of disqualification if you were spotted by the boys in blue.

Should your actions result in the death of an innocent third party, you'd likely be doing some serious jail time.

If you want to play like this, there are plenty of track day opportunities available.
jrkitching, is sliding the rear wheels due to a slippery road called intentionally drifting? I doubt it. So in snow all rear wheel drive cars' drivers will be in jail = )

If that's the case, this guy would have been in jail for sure. = )
It's very easy to powerslide a RWD car if it doesn't have ESP even in normal road driving conditions. I doubt it alone would be called dangerous driving.

Last edited:
Back