Multipla break problems

Currently reading:
Multipla break problems

Kermits mum

Hi let me introduce myself, I am Kermits Mum, kermit is a Multiplas with the frog eyes, he and I have been faithful companions since 2005, (He was born in 2004) enjoying lots of lovely adventures together.

I am totally in love with this wonderful car and cannot understand why they are no longer produced. its the best all round car in 45 years of driving I have found.

Sadly my faithful friend is having problems remembering to break when asked to, which is why I have joined this forum, hoping to find an answer to our problem, as I hope to continue having many more happy years of travel together.
The break when depressed SOMETIMES goes to the floor before I can get a response to it, the breaks do respond when pumped, then the next time I break it works as it should. I have had the master cylinder replaced also the break pads and break pipe replaced. it has just had a MOT which it passed with out any advisory's, has anybody got any suggestions or can you please point me to the right place in this forum for an answer as having trouble finding my way around (total technophobe)

Last edited:
Hi let me introduce myself, I am Kermits Mum, kermit is a Multiplas with the frog eyes, he and I have been faithful companions since 2005, (He was born in 2004) enjoying lots of lovely adventures together.

I am totally in love with this wonderful car and cannot understand why they are no longer produced. its the best all round car in 45 years of driving I have found.

Sadly my faithful friend is having problems remembering to break when asked to, which is why I have joined this forum, hoping to find an answer to our problem, as I hope to continue having many more happy years of travel together.
The break when depressed SOMETIMES goes to the floor before I can get a response to it, the breaks do respond when pumped, then the next time I break it works as it should. I have had the master cylinder replaced also the break pads and break pipe replaced. it has just had a MOT which it passed with out any advisory's, has anybody got any suggestions or can you please point me to the right place in this forum for an answer as having trouble finding my way around (total technophobe)
Scary!

Was the replacement master cylinder a brand new part? Or used?

Does the hand brake anyways feel normal?

Does the long pedal travel occur after a long run without having pressed brake pedal?

Back