General Bravo SPORT?

Currently reading:
General Bravo SPORT?

So is the Sport worthy of its name?

Today I finally gave the Bravo some stick. Hard driving down a twisty country road. As you can see it's plenty of short straights with tight corners.

testroute.JPG

Under heavy braking the bravo hunches down and decelerates true. No twitching. Grips great around the corners and with minimum TC flies out the corners. It's only a short test route but it bodes well for future playing :)

I know, I was really suprised at its surefooted grip of the road with minimal lurching and roll, I compaired the drive on a stretch of raod by me a national speed limit stretch and the Bravo in sport mode hit the roads limit of 70 way before the Stilo Abarth of mine did, plus seemed much better in the bends, which gave me good confidence in if in an emergency I had to throw the car into a avoidance manoeuver.

After 3 weeks I'm still impressed by the car, yes its not perfect but the little niggles of mine are minor ones.

Have to say if your thinking of a Bravo anyone, then the experiences of me and Hellcat will likely tell you to if funds allow go for the Sport version either in Mjet or Tjet guise.

I know, I was really suprised at its surefooted grip of the road with minimal lurching and roll, I compaired the drive on a stretch of raod by me a national speed limit stretch and the Bravo in sport mode hit the roads limit of 70 way before the Stilo Abarth of mine did, plus seemed much better in the bends, which gave me good confidence in if in an emergency I had to throw the car into a avoidance manoeuver.

After 3 weeks I'm still impressed by the car, yes its not perfect but the little niggles of mine are minor ones.

Have to say if your thinking of a Bravo anyone, then the experiences of me and Hellcat will likely tell you to if funds allow go for the Sport version either in Mjet or Tjet guise.
i have test driven both bravo sports multijet and 150t-jet as for the handling of the i thought there was far too much bodyroll to be honest which i really didn't like both had 18s on them they weren't the problem it just sit too high off the wheels if it was slightly lowered this would cure itbut then again its a family car not a would be hot or warm hatch :apart from that its a very nice car(y)

Well after driving my car today on an A road with Sport on, I was bloody impressed - the amount of torque a 1.4 engine can give is amazing. The TJET truely is advanced.

18" alloys - not a problem with handling. The only thing I've noticed is that they are quite recessed in, but looking at it, you can see it's the Stilo's chassis but widened, so one can expect the wheels to be further in (just open the bonnet and look at how far in the suspension turrets are!).

Just back from having the GTV serviced and whilst I was waiting I had a look around and seat in the new Bravo Mjet 150 sport in the showroom.

Now I've had two of the mark I Bravos in the past; an HLX and an HGT but FIAT have seriously 'upped' their game on the Bravo in my humble opinion so if it handles as well on the road as it looks in the showroom it's a serious contender for my next FIAT....mind you....it might be up against the ALFA 159 2.4 JTDm Q4 ti which was also sitting in the same showroom.:worship:

Back