Bravo114.jpg

Bravo Bravo Abarth Conversion.

Introduction

I always thought that the Bravo is such a beautiful car and would look amazing in Abarth livery. So I set out on this project which I have really enjoyed doing. I also really love the hidden exhausts rather than the twin pipes on the back also which is why I have no plans to change the back end of the box. Currently Running at a "restricted" 175BHP and 209ft/lb of torque, it currently has more torque than the 695 Tribute 500!

So i've slowly been doing work to my Bravo over the last 1.5years! Thought it was finally time to post up whats been done and get some opinions! Won't be for everyone but welcome all opinions! :D

So I started with my 150 T-Jet below (as standard)
Bravo114.jpg

Bravo210.jpg

So my first modification was Hid's which were 4300k's:
Bravo34.jpg

Then I got my GSR installed and remapped:
IMAG00408.jpg

Bravo42.jpg

I have some restrictive problems with my Cat on the exhaust, which is backing up my exhaust so my power is flat-lining higher up. This will be sorted in the next couple of months. It's plenty fast enough at the moment.

Next I got my Abarth badges and Alloy wheels for my car:
IMAG01002.jpg

IMAG01471.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

Afterwards I made a new Abarth Key in the new style:
Bravo51.jpg

And I got a new engine cover and set of car mats to go with it:
IMAG01401.jpg

And finally, replaced my steering wheel with a new one from a 500 Abarth:
IMAG0144.jpg

When I finally get my new Exhaust parts I can also fit my Esseesse boost sensors to regulate the boost better too:
IMAG0119.jpg

So with that completed so far, some further modifications include:
-New downpipe with sport cat from TMC and Esseesse boost sensors
-Grande Punto Abarth Seats
-Maybe some new Springs and Dampeners
-New Brakes/Tyres

Thanks For Looking! :D
Re: Bravo Abarth Conversion

I'm suprised I haven't seen this around Peterborough.

I've Abarthed mine, tell you what though, loving the steering wheel, was it a straight swap, do all the gizmos still work, how much did it cost?

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments! :)

Thinking about it I have never seen your Bravo either! I live in Eye and i usually trevel round the Town Centre, Ortons and Bretton ( I work in Bretton). Where abouts in Peterborough are you located?

I put together the steering wheel myself to be honest. Brought the original leather wheel for £30, then I brought a set of Bravo Steering controls, then I brough the airbag and finally the Abarth engine cover. In total it cost me just over £200 to assemble. My car doesnt have steering controls as standard due to being an Active model but I am working my way backwards to the ECU to make them compatable. Recently acquired a new part of the steering coloumn with Cruise control and steering control inputs. So still plenty of gizmos to install! Still looks the part! :D

Thanks for the comments! :)

Thinking about it I have never seen your Bravo either! I live in Eye and i usually trevel round the Town Centre, Ortons and Bretton ( I work in Bretton). Where abouts in Peterborough are you located?

I put together the steering wheel myself to be honest. Brought the original leather wheel for £30, then I brought a set of Bravo Steering controls, then I brough the airbag and finally the Abarth engine cover. In total it cost me just over £200 to assemble. My car doesnt have steering controls as standard due to being an Active model but I am working my way backwards to the ECU to make them compatable. Recently acquired a new part of the steering coloumn with Cruise control and steering control inputs. So still plenty of gizmos to install! Still looks the part! :D

*bought ;)

My car is an Active as well, but came with the control buttons on the steering wheel. If your buttons don't work, you probably just need the Proxy Alignment done.

I've got an Alfa cruise control stalk to fit too. "Just" need to create the wiring into the ECU plug!

Looking good!
Really Like the Abarth 500 steering wheel!

I Live in Bourne, But quite often venture to Bretton and Queensgate to see mates and Family. Would be good to organise a meet soon with Cambs/Lincs members!

Cheers
Tom

My car is an Active as well, but came with the control buttons on the steering wheel. If your buttons don't work, you probably just need the Proxy Alignment done.

I've got an Alfa cruise control stalk to fit too. "Just" need to create the wiring into the ECU plug!

Yeah I dont even have the wiring for it in my steering collar, but I have got a new collar from a sport which has all the connectors so IN THEORY should be easy to install and setup after another proxy allignment :D ALTHOUGH I AM NO MASTER DEGREED ENGINEER.

The steering wheel is probably the best mod i will ever make lol! :p

We should totally do a Cambs/Lincs thing, I would be up for that! Only 4 days till re-remap day! woooo! :D

Ill look into getting something organised either before or after christmas,
If I can get enough genuine interest Ill set an event up :D

Cheers
Tom

I agree with what everyone says, the steering wheel is the best mod. My wheel suffered the fate of flakey leather and needs replacing. The abarth wheel looks better than the sport wheel so am considering this.

You mentioned you had to buy a new airbag, does the old airbag from the Bravo not fit? It would save me a fortune if I can replace my wheel and not the airbag.

I agree with what everyone says, the steering wheel is the best mod. My wheel suffered the fate of flakey leather and needs replacing. The abarth wheel looks better than the sport wheel so am considering this.

You mentioned you had to buy a new airbag, does the old airbag from the Bravo not fit? It would save me a fortune if I can replace my wheel and not the airbag.

It's a completely different airbag. No way that the standard one will fit. You also would need to check the compatability of your airbag leads too.

So went to have my car tweaked today with some fun results!

Remap_Tweak.jpg

Now running 186bhp and 220ft/lb Torque! Very happy :D Can tell the difference. Car still has some more to give, so might get a bit more done in the future ;)

How did you get the engine cover? I am interested in buying someone or that someone buy one and pay it. Thank you.:D

Back