Technical Bravo 1.6Mjet Excessive Bodyroll

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo 1.6Mjet Excessive Bodyroll

BravoMjet

Hello Guys,

I've bought recently this Bravo 1.6Mjet PurO2 and im concerning because i think that he haves an excessive bodyroll on turns our roundabouts, superior than my old Fiesta MK6 with stock suspension.

I think that this car should have more firm suspension, what do you think i need to check to see if theres some problem on suspension ?

I dont think this is normal on this type of car, even the Corsa D from my girlfriend is more stiff and do not lean on the curves, even on high speeds and with the stock suspension from Opel.

Anyone with a clue ?
Thanks!!

Hello Guys,

I've bought recently this Bravo 1.6Mjet PurO2 and im concerning because i think that he haves an excessive bodyroll on turns our roundabouts, superior than my old Fiesta MK6 with stock suspension.

I think that this car should have more firm suspension, what do you think i need to check to see if theres some problem on suspension ?

I dont think this is normal on this type of car, even the Corsa D from my girlfriend is more stiff and do not lean on the curves, even on high speeds and with the stock suspension from Opel.

Anyone with a clue ?
Thanks!!
I presume you have a Dynamic or Active model. These are set high on big tyres and soft suspension for comfort. Hence you get a lot of roll driving sporty. Can be sorted with a nice set of shocks and lowering springs.

Hello Matthew,

I have the PurO2 version, i dont know but it could be the Dynamic one, but i have 17 inches wheels with 225/45 R17 Eagle F1 tyres, so the big wheels are not really a concern, with 17 it should handle better the bodyroll.

I've droven a Renault Modus yesterday, 1.2 75Cv, and no bodyroll at all on the places where my Bravo does. On Modus i dont feel my body going to the outside of the road. Modus on stock springs with 165/50 R15.

Even with the skydome that ads some extra weight on the top of the car i dont think that this is normal, could be some harm shocks ?

Thanks!

Hello Matthew,

I have the PurO2 version, i dont know but it could be the Dynamic one, but i have 17 inches wheels with 225/45 R17 Eagle F1 tyres, so the big wheels are not really a concern, with 17 it should handle better the bodyroll.

I've droven a Renault Modus yesterday, 1.2 75Cv, and no bodyroll at all on the places where my Bravo does. On Modus i dont feel my body going to the outside of the road. Modus on stock springs with 165/50 R15.

Even with the skydome that ads some extra weight on the top of the car i dont think that this is normal, could be some harm shocks ?

Thanks!
If you think it is excessive to the point where it is broken then yes it could be shock absorbers. Warn bushes. Even a broken Spring. But I will say that the bravo is known to have a fair amount of body roll. It's lessened in the sport model as they fitted stiffer and slightly shorter suspension but I still get it on that to be fair. They're not track cars or even classed as hot hatches. There a family hatch and comfort is the first priority for fiat I would imagine.

I've just bought a Bravo (Dynamic) after driving a Xsara Picasso for a couple of years.
Maybe it's from the Picasso experience, but to me there isn't much body roll and the rife is actually quite harsh in comparison.
If you think there's more roll than a Modus then I'd guess that you've got a problem somewhere, probably worth getting a garage to have a quick look.

I think that my shock-absorvers are destroyed, but i wil have a digital test on them to see what is the problem.

Another thing, my steeering wheel are moving alone, another day im in the car stoped with ignition ON and the steeering moves alone, just like a shaking sensation. Another thing is that when i turn the steering all over right or left it makes some force to get to the center, is this indication of a bad steering electric motor ?

Have anyone have this problem ?

Thanks in advance!

Back