General Bravo 1.6 Multijet Dynamic - Slow to take off

Currently reading:
General Bravo 1.6 Multijet Dynamic - Slow to take off

Bravo Birdie

Hello,

I am sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I have looked but I am new to Forums eek!

I wonder if I can ask some advice? I've just bought a Bravo 1.6 Multijet dynamic dual logic 2012 reg. I came from an old automatic car and this new gearbox was not really explained to me. It as sold as an auto. I love my car but I find that I cannot get any speed from it when I need to do a quick take off. This afternoon for instance, I had slowed to a junction and there was a gap in the traffic so I went for it and the car slowed to a creep so I got beeped and could have had an accident. My old auto would have just gone with no problems. I drive it in auto and use the E button for economy, it's a diesel (my auto was unleaded). I now have to come to a complete stop and then take off which means I get beeped for hesitating and it slows me down. I'm not girl racer but I am a confident driver usually.

Does this sound normal so I have to just pootle along with it or do you think there's somthing wrong or I'm driving it wrong? I have a friend who tells me that she has the same problems with a dual logic engine.

The garage are not that friendly so I wondered if I could pick your brains?

Last edited:
It's a (relative to the size of car) small diesel engine coupled to an auto box with E selected. By selecting E you've told the car to drive like there's a DOF behind the wheel.

You are obviously not used to the car, hence getting beeped for trying a manoeuvre you had no idea whether the vehicle could manage.
Get off road, a car park or similar, and familiarise yourself with the cars capabilities. It's something I always do with a new motor. Up 'til then I drive it like a DOF.

Back