Technical Brava JTD Heater is blowing on turned off car

Currently reading:
Technical Brava JTD Heater is blowing on turned off car

donkosta

hello

we got abrava 1999 jtd,

it has strange problem:
heater is blowing air (working) on car and we can not stop it :))
the switch position is not affecting, blowing at same speed, even with turned off car with key unplugged. have to remove battery cable

what can cause this problem? is it the heater switch?
car has accident few weeks ago, right front side, changed absorber, control arm and front wing, can it cause some problem, maybe short circuit?

it may stop while en route, and start again :)

I have only german manual, so please, which fuse should I remove to turn of heating blower?

thanks

Hello , and welcome to FF,

to me it sounds like a bad earth ( ground) connection,
was any Earth point removed when the repairs were made?,

for a manual on English.. look at the FiatForum "banner" there will be links for literature/ manuals on there,
Charlie

Hi Again..,
I looked HERE;
https://www.fiatforum.com/downloads.php

But not new enough:(

but I'm looking in Hayes manual for you:D

maybe fuse#12 = 30 Ampere :confused: = lindsay porter manual also hints at #12 ,( manual Air-Con)

also maybe FUSE #15 = 20 Ampere..!! Interior Fan, Radiator cooling Fan and rear screen heater.

caution..!! if you remove this fuse( and the heater fan STOPS) be aware that other things may also be de-activated..,
check all lights, etc before driving;)

charlie

Last edited:
Auto aircon or manual/no aircon?

Auto has electric speed contoller: direct connection from battery to the fan (via 2 fuses) and ground to chassis via the controller. Control should be off by default, but if it has shorted out, it bypasses all the switches and fan is on all the time.

Manual systems cut the power to the blower speed switch when key is taken out as the keyswitch is between the two fuseboxes.

So my guess is that you got automatic speed controller fault, or the ignition switch is faulty.

thanks for your reply

its a manual aircon.

seems like keyswitch/starrter problem?

problem half way solved - replaced thermorele of fan blower, replaced motor, but now battery is leaking somewhere - during night it goes empty

Back