Technical Brake switch - auto Panda problems

Currently reading:
Technical Brake switch - auto Panda problems

The actuator on mine was replaced at less than 15,000 miles ,it was really weird getting used to this auto box it clunks etc but very reliable im very pleased with this panda.but i think fiat should have paid with the actuator breaking so soon.it should have been a recall .

I really wouldn't blame you at all if you got rid of this car before the warranty ran out, sounds like a nightmare. There also seem to be a lot of problems with the dualogic judging by how many threads there are on the forum.

There also seem to be a lot of problems with the dualogic judging by how many threads there are on the forum.

Not really. You'll only ever hear of the bad things with any car. DPFs and EGRs with diesels etc.

Not saying there are not issues but when you confided how many there are out there.

Charlotte, if your able to find out I'd be interested to see exactly what parts it is they're changing.

Jon.

Spoke to the previous owner tonight and she said the car was laced with problems. It was constantly back at Wentane, it's had a whole new gearbox, power steering system, and several other parts replaced but no matter what it would ALWAYS do what it's doing now.

She is horrified that they put it back in the showroom to be sold. She bought it from new and traded it in for a newer Panda after "mine" was costing her money every few weeks. They told her it'd be sent away and not seen again.

Oh. I think we all know what you'll be doing soon now then. Not that we could blame you.

Was it brought from a main dealer? If so I'd be returning it and asking for a refund in full.

Yes it was bought from Wentane Motors Fiat in Stockton on Tees. I've asked for a refund twice now and each time they've said no, they are under no obligation to replace it as long as they keep fixing it.

Knowing they sold a death trap is another thing though, the lady was horrified it'd been sold on. I have dropped them a message to say I've spoken to the previous owner, and I expect them to call me first thing this morning.................

Keep us updated.

How longs the warrantee? I'm not 100% sure but think I've seen something on here that you have to give them a reasonable chance to sort a problem (3 attempts or something) and then if it's still play up youve reasonable grounds to reject it with it not being fit for purpose, but like I say, not 100% sure on the ins and outs.

Back