General Brake Crunch

Currently reading:
General Brake Crunch

largogirl

I have a 2007 Doblo Hitop with a bootjump. The vehicle drives well except for an occasional hiccup. Every once in a while , when braking, there is a crunching/grinding noise and it seems as though the brakes are not engaging , causing momentary drift forward. I’ve had all brake pads, discs etc replaced, new bump stops and shock absorbers fitted by a reliable mechanic. After all of that the same problem has appeared again. Can anyone advise of other possible causes ?

Check its not just grit caught up somewhere. This can be quite hard to identify without removing the pads. Some times a few violent thumps of the brakes when reversing at speed will remove obstructions. I have had a stone caused this and weirdly it was intermittent..

Check its not just grit caught up somewhere. This can be quite hard to identify without removing the pads. Some times a few violent thumps of the brakes when reversing at speed will remove obstructions. I have had a stone caused this and weirdly it was intermittent..

Agreed..I thought it was just scrubbing of surface corrosion

BUT.. If new discs and pads made no difference..then the issue must be elsewhere

(Drums make noise..but not like that)

I have a 2007 Doblo Hitop with a bootjump. The vehicle drives well except for an occasional hiccup. Every once in a while , when braking, there is a crunching/grinding noise and it seems as though the brakes are not engaging , causing momentary drift forward. I’ve had all brake pads, discs etc replaced, new bump stops and shock absorbers fitted by a reliable mechanic. After all of that the same problem has appeared again. Can anyone advise of other possible causes ?

Do you drive on Gravel much?

With new brake surfaces..
only a foreign body..like a stone.. can offer an explanation for such a noise

Do tell us more :)

Back