Technical brake carrier

Currently reading:
Technical brake carrier

[email protected]

just changed the discs and pads on the wifes I.9. quite an easy job, until i started to reassemble the drivers side, when i found that one of the sliders in the brake caliper holder had siezed
i was told by camberly auto parts that they can supply a caliper but that the carrier is only available from fiat main dealer. (even though its a Bosch part). went to main dealer and its £147.00+vat i.e about £175.00
Question, can the sliders be eased back into life with plenty of WD40 and a soft hammer or does anyone know of another source other than fiat
Cheers

just changed the discs and pads on the wifes I.9. quite an easy job, until i started to reassemble the drivers side, when i found that one of the sliders in the brake caliper holder had siezed
i was told by camberly auto parts that they can supply a caliper but that the carrier is only available from fiat main dealer. (even though its a Bosch part). went to main dealer and its £147.00+vat i.e about £175.00
Question, can the sliders be eased back into life with plenty of WD40 and a soft hammer or does anyone know of another source other than fiat
Cheers
try it? you've got nothing to lose..?

Back