Technical Brake caliper carriers

Currently reading:
Technical Brake caliper carriers

madjock

I’ve got a a 2005 1.2 60hp 4x4 and I was going to replace the front calipers as I’ve already done pads and discs, but I can’t bleed the calipers as the nipples are properly rusted. I’ve tried heat, releasing agents and persuasion but they’re not moving. The caliper carriers are also heavily corroded and I was going to replace them as well but every website I go on only seem to show the rear carriers and not the fronts . They look similar to the fronts but I don’t want to order in case they’re the wrong ones
Can anyone shed any light or give me a part number for the front carrier as they are too rusty to read anything.

Is just clean the carrier's up they are fairly thick bits of iron and should take a wire brush on a grinder just fine
Ageed. Best use a rotary wire brush on an electric drill (do wear eye protection though) and give them what for. New calipers are readily availsable from all the motor parts places. Just had ours done they didnt use the cheapest and they cost about £65 each from memory. The brakes now work properly again. Carriers almost certianly will never need replacing and they are terribly difficult to remove as the bolts are glued in.

Back