Technical Both screen washers work at once, kind of! Ideas?

Currently reading:
Technical Both screen washers work at once, kind of! Ideas?

After a long drive, I have got really fed up with a niggling fault with my screen washers.

On the Sei, you pull the stall towards driver for front wash, push away for rear wash.

When you use the front, the back always squirts out (slower than the you purposefully apply it though).

When you apply the rear wash, LOTS comes out the front as well, almost as if both are on.

It leads to lots of screen wash usage and annoying dribbles.

Now I looked at the schematics, and there are independent switched and motors. Could my stalk switches have a dodgy contact? It looks that was from the rear wash switch, but doesn't explain the slower pumping of the rear when the front is applied.

Any ideas welcome (y)

Are there any one way valves in the system? Could it just be that one is on the way out and one pumps creates pressure that drive some water out the other line?

If I get no ideas, I guess I'll have to whip out the wheel arch, and get Mr Multimeter on the case, but I'm hoping its a common problem that I can't find from searching :D

Kristian

Ah, looking at the schematics, there were two motor references, so I presumed there were two, rather than a change in polarity. However as I haven't checked yet, I can't say for certain.

I'll be grateful if it is a single motor, as that will be a much easier to sort, removal, replace/reseal, and then refit.

Maybe the Sei's have a different system though? OR i can't read schematics well lol.

Cheers for ya help guys :D

Kristian

I can't find the pumps listed seperatly on ePER at all.
(I was looking for a pump for the rear washer on my Ciinq)
It just has the whole tank for about £50...!

I'll probably just get a universal in-line pump for about £5.

Back