General Bosch spark plugs

Currently reading:
General Bosch spark plugs

khang

Hi

changed plugs and leads, and now sounds like Scooby impreza

juddering/hesistant ever since plugs went

changed leads on Sunday,took for a drive,was fine.

changed plugs today as order was ready in halfords,and been juddering since spark plug change.

Halford's online checker showed the Bosch super plus,bought thought,went to pick up,didnt realise till after fitting they're not 'Super plus' plugs.

bought these,https://www.halfords.com/car-parts?cgid=165736&pid=408770960

and got these, Bosch 0 258 006 206, any ideas if these would be correct fitting?

I read up on the forum some members not had best of luck with Bosch plugs,and NGK seem to be best on the punto

Attachments

• IMG-20230911-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230911-WA0004.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 51
I would check which cylinder misfiring and inspect leads and plug etc.
Whilst I share your thoughts on Bosch it is very unusual these days to have a new spark plug musfire.
Re NGK since working on Mazdas in the 1970s I have always stayed with NGK as have found them very reliable.
Does this show your model?

Attachments

• DSCF0975.JPG
    DSCF0975.JPG
    466 KB · Views: 33
I'd have said you;ve disturbed something on the coil(s), or leads wrong way round.

I'd have said you;ve disturbed something on the coil(s), or leads wrong way round.
I changed leads on Sunday,car ran OK after lead swap,but I had to wait till Monday for spark plugs,as halfords didn't have stock.

Picked them up yesterday,put them in and been crap since,I changed one plug at a time,so I didn't mess them up...easily happens...😅
I would check which cylinder misfiring and inspect leads and plug etc.
Whilst I share your thoughts on Bosch it is very unusual these days to have a new spark plug musfire.
Re NGK since working on Mazdas in the 1970s I have always stayed with NGK as have found them very reliable.
Does this show your model?
yh,its the punto 1.2i classic

those NGK showing in the pic, is that the part numbers for them? '126' '127'

I'm waiting on Halfords to respond via email after having a live chat,but going to change plugs to NGK,or drop old ones back in for meantime,it had 2 Fiat Lancia plugs,and 2 Bosch super plus.

I've put a scanner on,and got no misfire alerts,made sure leads were properly and on side of distributor/coil pack,order looked fine

Back bumper
1 (if I remember correctly)
front Bumper side

Usual cars are 1-3-4-2, but fiat are never typical, and 1 timing belt/chain end.

those NGK showing in the pic, is that the part numbers for them? '126' '127'
No, that is special notes, see attached if that is your model.
Is it possible the leads have got stretched?
If they are carbon leads and are pulled on the lead rather than the plug end it's self, they can fail.
To prove this if you have a multimeter on Ohms setting check for continuity from one end to the other of each HT lead and replace if no continuity.

Attachments

• DSCF0977.JPG
    DSCF0977.JPG
    462.4 KB · Views: 30
If they are carbon leads and are pulled on the lead rather than the plug end it's self, they can fail.
To prove this if you have a multimeter on Ohms setting check for continuity from one end to the other of each HT lead and replace if no continuity.
Hey,will check this out and let you know...👍

checked leads,no alarm sound,but had resistance readings,so guess they good?

replaced with NGK plugs,and still same issue....so kind of stumped at minute...🤷‍♂

should I put old plugs back in?

they were mixed plugs,2 super Bosch and 2 Fiat Lancia NGK

I would be tempted to leave a matching set of NGK plugs if they are the correct ones for your vehicle.
Do you feel the car is misfiring, if so I would slacken the HT leads so easy to pull off when engine running and then if you are not too worried about getting a HT shock, I would pull off one at a time then replace whilst engine running to locate missing cylinder and the investigate further.
Probably not a good idea if you have a pacemaker or a weak heart, so far I have survived doing this for over 50 years.;)

might have found problem,
ran a diagnostic check with scanner

2 codes
oxygen sensor post Cat(heat circuit I think it said)
injector 4:eek:pen circuit

took injectors out,checked them all,connected 9v battery,all clicking except number 4,blown through no 4,with mouth,yh😅,and could feel the slightest of air coming through

open circuit on no 4 injector most likely the cause right?

anyone near Bolton/Bury got a spare injector they selling?

New on Euro carport £160,that for a full set right?.....righhtttt?😅

strange,put everything back,erased codes,

now juddering gone,no injector error

but got issue with throttle,
stays 'on' longer,on start up from cold, idling around 1000,thought it was cold so left it few mins,gave it a tap,then jumping from 750-1200,eventually settles to 750 area

when driving,it holds the revs higher for a second or so when changing gears

I did take throttle body off to help get injectors off....one thing leading to another...🤦‍♂

with throttle body sensor off,it was revving straight to 4-5000,

Back