Technical Boot Wiring

Currently reading:
Technical Boot Wiring

madrat

Please everyone check the wiring that goes to your hatch.

Despite having it repaired under warranty by Fiat I got a call from an irate wife today because she could not get the boot open to get the shopping out. When I got home and checked the wiring was in a shocking state. 2 were broken and several split insulation, there was also signs of arcing. the repair Fiat had done was shockingly bad (n)

Hi madrat , I would take it back to the dealer if I was you and kick up a fuss .. That is not good !!!!!

I know I should really but to be honest from experience there is no point. :bang:

To be honest I had better service from the Yugo dealer in the early 90s

That is still not good enough . If it was mine I would contact fiat customer care and demand if to be fixed correctly by that dealership . At the end of the day that is a manufacturing defect that should not happen .

The car is now 5 years old so well out or warranty. I have repaired the wiring and plan to replace it soon with a loom I will make myself. Fiat will not be interested, they weren't interested hen we contacted them 2 years after having the power steering unit replaced when the same fault repapered.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Just had a look at the wiring going to the boot on the wife's 500c, and sure enough the thin white/yellow wire was completely broken. Even so, I can't find anything that isn't working - does anyone know what it does? There is a grey/black wire that also looks suspect. I've just soldered a link in place to fix it anyway.....

Just had a look at the wiring going to the boot on the wife's 500c, and sure enough the thin white/yellow wire was completely broken. Even so, I can't find anything that isn't working - does anyone know what it does? There is a grey/black wire that also looks suspect. I've just soldered a link in place to fix it anyway.....
This thread isn't about the 500c, it's about the standard hatchback on which the boot wiring is not an uncommon failure.

This thread isn't about the 500c, it's about the standard hatchback on which the boot wiring is not an uncommon failure.

Still a valid question though and a lot less off topic than some threads you read on here. :p

Back