Technical Bonnet release broken!

Currently reading:
Technical Bonnet release broken!

olix19

I had a disasterous day today - I was just moving my x19 after filling it up with oil and giving it new leads. When I arrived at the storage place, the engine temperature was 130 degrees! I instantly turned the engine off, but it was making a very wierd noise afterwards, like water moving around, so I'm guessing the water was boiling. I also saw that the fanbelt had come off...not good!

Could these two problems be related?

To top it all off, I went to open the bonnet and the release lever wasn't releasing the catch, so I can't even look at the engine at all!!! I'm so annoyed, if anyone knows how I can open the bonnet without using the release lever, please let me know. In the meantime, I have no motor and can't fix anything either :( (n)

If anyone can help with these problems, their advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Oli

Open the rear trunk and unscrew the plate that separates the trunk from the engine, then look near the center of the hole and you should the wire that opens the bonnet, you can manually pull it to open it.

Cheers,
Chema

There is also an emergency release cable tucked away in the rear trunk but it will probably snap if you try it, the cable is very thin and thanks to be tucked under carpet probably rotten too.

Make sure you replace all of the release cables and not just the one - there are four. Two main and two backup cables.

Thanks! Great info, i'm off to take a look at it tonight.

Where can I get a new fan belt from? Can't find them on ebay or through google...

Back