General Blue Barchetta Project

Currently reading:
General Blue Barchetta Project

This is not going to be as interesting as some threads but I will post pics of all work done to my B when possible.

I start with an easy (even I can do it) project. Repainting the numberplate holder.

1. Before: plate has corrosion and little flaked paint.
2. Unscrew holder. Clean up with wire brush and steel wool. Wash off dirt/dust.
3. Spray on coats of Hammerite and leave to harden over night.
4. After: nice finish with new plate attached.

Told you it was a small project but every bit helps.

Attachments

• DSC00278.JPG
    DSC00278.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC00279.JPG
    DSC00279.JPG
    434.4 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00287.JPG
    DSC00287.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC00292.JPG
    DSC00292.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 59
I will take pics of mods already done like the exhaust when I can get underneath the car.

Upcoming:
Clean engine bay + paint cover blue
Fit new headlight to replace fogged one (passenger side)
Fit indicator to replace (passenger side) slightly cracked one
Re-paint battery tray
Fit matching back numberplate
Find a Fiat luggage rack

Attachments

• DSC00298.JPG
    DSC00298.JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 60
it looks very nice your numberplate holder now, there is some contrast now. i also painted those holders on my silver bee but it doesn't looks as i thought it will be... your looks better :)

here is another mod that you can easy create. Third brake light! I saw on this forum that somebody also made this... just put 6 red LED-s by 2 volts = 12volts, or buy universal third light and remove everything except bulbs... connect + to red wire (i think it is red, i forget...) and - to somewhere on metal place of your car.

you can see my "new" numberplate holder...

here is another mod that you can easy create. Third brake light! I saw on this forum that somebody also made this... just put 6 red LED-s by 2 volts = 12volts, or buy universal third light and remove everything except bulbs... connect + to red wire (i think it is red, i forget...) and - to somewhere on metal place of your car.

That actually looks quite cool, even if it is an imitation of the greatness of the third brakelight:p

sorry for spamming... here is some video of this 3th brake light. and you will see that hand brake is history... if you have a broom. :D

if you have any better idea... (images from mobile phone, my sister stole my camera... :mad:)

if you have any better idea... (images from mobile phone, my sister stole my camera... :mad:)

I hope she'll make some interesting photos of herself with it and post them here :D

Nice mod, btw - looks like something even I could manage :)

Got my matching rear plate on yesterday and re-stuck the metal badge. I chickened out of removing the front bumper as I wasn't 100% confident so I have booked in with my Italian garage for a service and fitting of the headlamp and indicator on Thursday. I will have pictures soon. The engine cover will be painted next, although I am having trouble removing one of the alan bolts as it feels welded on and I am in danger of knackering the alan fitting.

Anyone know where I might get a Fiat luggage rack? Don't want to spend much more than £100 but people keep out-bidding me.

Like the brake light but would want to see it in person first.

Thanks RnRollie but bit expensive for me.

I have fitted the matching back plate and re-attached the back badge. On the previous attempt it was a bit cold and damp. You would never know the back was destroyed last month. It looks like nothing happened. New lights + service moved to Tuesday now and then when I can get that allen bolt out, I will paint the engine cover.

Attachments

• BRear.jpg
    BRear.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 78
Back