Bloody Smarts

Currently reading:
Bloody Smarts

Going back to the original meaning of this thread... I think Smart's are driven at full throttle because they're tiny and easy to see out of. If you're going down a narrow street with cars parked, in most cars you'd slow down so as not to scrape the sides of your car, whereas in a Smart I would imagine the width of it is so small and you sit so high that gauging the width of it is easier than in anything else. Hence that's why they're driven faster down tight roads.

i dont care what smart owners say, they are over priced for what you get, sure thing they might be a good car but half of the posts on here are smart owners saying they can eat puntos (but only after they have put an airfilter, exhaust, wheels remap..... the list goes on) this thread is just poving one thing......... smarts are pants unless you tune them and even then they aint that good. :D

Theres a £22k+ version of the For2 available too. Its the Brabus 101. 101BHP, with a silly sized body kit with different sized wheels at the front and back.
See it here

so i could get a Smart that does 0-60 in 11 seconds and carries 2 people in reasonable comfort, or i can get a normal Smart and a Merea for less :chin:

imgine how what you could do to a cinq with 22k :eek:

Alex B said:
i dont care what smart owners say, they are over priced for what you get, sure thing they might be a good car but half of the posts on here are smart owners saying they can eat puntos (but only after they have put an airfilter, exhaust, wheels remap..... the list goes on) this thread is just poving one thing......... smarts are pants unless you tune them and even then they aint that good. :D

Are you still at Crèche or have you progressed into the big-world of Infants school with an insightful and eloquently expressed comment such as that :D

If you like your car, then I really am happy for you, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't like my car regardless of how fast it goes (or doesn't... :rolleyes: ). Some of us have grown-out of arguing how fast their car is; do you go to school and tell everyone "My Dad's bigger than your Dad"?

Way i see it for 17K or 22K or whatever is that i could go out and buy a Clio V6 for that kind of cash. I know which is less common which is quicker and which would give me more satisfaction from driving it. Or the Clio 182. The standard clios arent that great i had a 1.2 16v for a year was a good wee car but the sports models are a whole new thing. The clio Trophy being one of the best handling and most rewarding cars on the road today.

The cinq / sei is also a fun car to drive i get more enjoyment driving the cinq than driving my C4 and its more fun than my clio was.

However its all about what people want from a car.

Personally i want something thats gonna be fairly quick in a straight line but massively fun round corners. Which is why the clios have always appealed to me i just cant afford to insure one.

But smarts do have that certain thing that makes them kinda cool. And there fun. But i just think with the amount they cost there are better cars that can do the same thing for the money. But if we all liked the same thing life would be boring.

JTD Monkey said:
Are you still at Crèche or have you progressed into the big-world of Infants school with an insightful and eloquently expressed comment such as that :D

If you like your car, then I really am happy for you, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't like my car regardless of how fast it goes (or doesn't... :rolleyes: ). Some of us have grown-out of arguing how fast their car is; do you go to school and tell everyone "My Dad's bigger than your Dad"?

mabye YOU should take the time to read every post on this thread. the majority of smart owners are the ones taking about whos cars the fastest. i my friend do not care about how fast my car is (i drive a panda) however if i was i would not buy a smart. now that you have had a chance to express the extent of your vocabulary (or dictionary) you should shut up. i am entitled to my own opinions, as are you but dont start making personal coments you immature smart owning idiot :D

Last edited:
Back