General Bit The Bullet..Got Myself A Bravo

Currently reading:
General Bit The Bullet..Got Myself A Bravo

SpencerUk

Yeah so i'm also new to the forum lol.

Traded in my little fiesta for a Active Sport 1.9 Mutlijet 120 (08 Plate)..£8,900 14k on clock..Will post pictures when i pick it up

Love the style of the car and everything and wanted once since release, But one thing i need to get assurance on so my mind goes to rest...Fiat's reliability...Has it improved?. Reason i ask is because our family and Fiats don't have much luck haha.

Is it really true you have to pay £35 to transfer the warranty into your name btw?

Not sure on the reliability but my 2 month old 150 sport has had

2 inches of water in the boot

knocking from front when on speed bumps etc

My feet dont get warm and worse in the courtesy car

and now for which it has been away almost 3 weeks a very loud whining noise, which fiat cant find

Other than that its been great :D

I wont risk saying my 57 plate 1.9 Multijet 120 Active has been trouble free, but below I list all the faults that have shown up in 14,900 miles:

Start of list

Wheel bolt heads gone a bit rusty.

End of list

BTW, I got mine 7 months old with 14 ( FOURTEEN ) miles on the clock:)

Not sure on the reliability but my 2 month old 150 sport has had

2 inches of water in the boot

knocking from front when on speed bumps etc

My feet dont get warm and worse in the courtesy car

and now for which it has been away almost 3 weeks a very loud whining noise, which fiat cant find

Other than that its been great :D

Great...take it went to ice in the boot then?

I wont risk saying my 57 plate 1.9 Multijet 120 Active has been trouble free, but below I list all the faults that have shown up in 14,900 miles:

Start of list

Wheel bolt heads gone a bit rusty.

End of list

BTW, I got mine 7 months old with 14 ( FOURTEEN ) miles on the clock:)

Tempted to drive down to Peterborough and buy you a pint for ya now haha.

only 14 miles on it?...bust have been stood for a while in the lot then?

only 14 miles on it?...bust have been stood for a while in the lot then?

Pre-registered to a leasing company who allegedly "never took delivery". You don't want to know what I paid for it at a Fiat dealer, but the initial owners depreciation on list price amounted to over £400.00 per mile!

Last edited:
But one thing i need to get assurance on so my mind goes to rest...Fiat's reliability...Has it improved?. Reason i ask is because our family and Fiats don't have much luck haha.

04 Stilo JTD115, problem free from 50k miles
08 Bravo 150mjet, steering colume replaced under warrenty, other than that, problem free from new and just done over 54k miles.

Yeah so i'm also new to the forum lol.

Traded in my little fiesta for a Active Sport 1.9 Mutlijet 120 (08 Plate)..£8,900 14k on clock..Will post pictures when i pick it up

Love the style of the car and everything and wanted once since release, But one thing i need to get assurance on so my mind goes to rest...Fiat's reliability...Has it improved?. Reason i ask is because our family and Fiats don't have much luck haha.
Is it really true you have to pay £35 to transfer the warranty into your name btw?

Alleged Fiat unreliability has been a Godsend to us used buyers... (y)

Low used prices! :D We have 2 Fiats on our drive, along with a Seat and a Pug.

Stilo, 6 years old, 49,000 miles, no problems from "new" (ex-demo) in 2003, just minor stuff (airbag warning) all now sorted.

By contrast the V.A.G based Seat has been more problematic with less miles on it than the Stilo.

My 2006 56 plate Grande Punto 1.9 MJet 130 now with 61,000 miles+ on it the same... also an ex-demo with 1,500 miles on at purchase time, just had minor niggles all sorted under Warranty.

Fiats are as good as any other budget brand, look after them & all should be fine, NO MAKE is totally reliable, some just pay more for the privilege!

Last edited:
Well i've picked it up from the Car People today, Got the warranty transferred after speaking with the site manager or i said i'd pull out :LOL:

Only got the 2 pics because my phone (HTC Hero) does not have flash..I'll put more up when better light appears.

BTW...Great car to drive!!...Overtook a bentley lol...saying that, stalled it couple of times which it making me go red at junctions..but first diesel ever so will come in time

Thanks again everyone!

Attachments

• IMAG0001.jpg
    IMAG0001.jpg
    1,000.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    1,005 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I'd disagree with you guys. I've driven plenty of cars at work, petrol and diesel and had no problems. I also driven a diesel for years before I got the 1.6 120 diesel Bravo last year. I stalled it a few times when I first got it- found the bite a bit tricky. Got used to it but quite easy to stall the diesel.

I swapped with my Dad at the motorway services so he could have a go on a long journey and he pulled out of the space and stalled it- despite owning a VW diesel. Satisfied me that it wasn't me!

Last edited:
Like i said, my first ever diesel and wasn't used to the clutch never mind the power lol.

Its a big step up from my 1.2 fiesta!

...on another note...ive not stalled it since the first couple of hours :LOL:

Back