General Bilstein B4 or Koni Dampers for rear of Panda 100hp

Currently reading:
General Bilstein B4 or Koni Dampers for rear of Panda 100hp

HannsG

Hi,

I have finally had enough of the ride and want the suspension to be more compliant.

I have a set of Fiat coupe bumpstops to fit also.

Which dampers would you go for?

I barely drive the car so I am looking for a cheap option but also one which helps sort out the pogo and crashing.

Thanks

I've just fitted the B4's at the back, the ride is soooo much better it's ridiculous! It's still a little bouncy but rough roads that were previously rattling my fillings are now much easier to tackle...still no Lexus but I don't have to brace myself when hitting unavoidable potholes..:slayer:

For the money, I couldn't recommend them highly enough...Think I need to do the fronts too really.

I've just fitted the B4's at the back, the ride is soooo much better it's ridiculous! It's still a little bouncy but rough roads that were previously rattling my fillings are now much easier to tackle...still no Lexus but I don't have to brace myself when hitting unavoidable potholes..:slayer:

For the money, I couldn't recommend them highly enough...Think I need to do the fronts too really.

Thanks for the reply mate. I'll try and find some for cheap now.

How much clearance does the 100HP between tyre side wall and inner wheel arch? I suspect not enough for my mod but ---

My Dynamic (13" wheels) had a rusty rear axle. I swapped the whole lot including road springs for a late model 500 axle. The difference is amazing. Smoother ride better handling and less pitching over bumps.

HOWEVER the 500 axle is 25mm wider at each side so you lose that much tyre clearance. That's all fine on the base wheels. You would need to measure carefully on the 100HP.

The 500 axle has a built in anti roll bar and the springs are 30% softer than the 169 Panda. That makes the back end ride low on the Dynamic (might be OK for height on the 500. I used the spring top rubbers on both ends of springs to restore some ride height.

Back