Bilking

Currently reading:
Bilking

They've given these screws away quite a lot in this area - sadly, they don't advertise the fact until it's too late. We have two local rags, one out on Wednesday & the other (free paper) on Friday & there is generally some sort of small announcement - however, it tends to be "police parked in B&Q today giving away free number plate screws" - so by the time you see the announcement, it's too late as the police only seem to work until 3pm!

And, once again, the industry is whingeing about people stealing fuel from forecourts - yet they have the power to prevent this - ASDA seem to be about the only forecourt I have seen where you have to insert a chip/pin card first before you can buy fuel. All the rest have the card facility but also allow you to fill up first & pay later in the shop. I'm amazed at how many people bother to stand in a queue at the till then whip out a card to pay for fuel - FFS, you can do all that at the pump!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Most gas stations in the USA have a system where you pay first and then the pump allows you to fill up with the amount you have paid. Its caught me out a few times, the first time I was renting a Dodge Durango and handed over $100, the cashiers fell about laughing and asked me how I was planning to get that much gas into the car - because its so much cheaper there. Another time I went in and paid then came out, got in the car and drove off as I am so used to doing that here. Once you get used to it I think its a good idea and would be the answer to all of this if they had that system here.

I find that these are just as good as the screws and great if you have a show plate to fit at shows (y)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120833232078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

That looks ideal for bank robbery getaway cars, so they can change plates. Nearly as good as The Transporter*'s revolving plates.

Actually it does look like a very neat solution, with no visible bolts at all.

* A bloody good film, probably a nicked James Bond thing though.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back