Bikes

Currently reading:
Bikes

project-cinqy said:
Alainax, 125's are nowhere near 33bhp!!!!!!! it has to be under 14.5bhp to be learner legal! The only 125's that are 33bhp are derestricted 2-strokes, and they are likely to run for about 6mnths before they need a top end overhual. and if it doesn't have a powervalve it wont make over 28, if it does it's a rebuild after every race!

Jon+Em
aprilia rs125 racing rep! derstricted. 33 bhp easy! 2 stoke tho are by nature tempramental lil fcukers! xxx

project-cinqy said:
Alainax, 125's are nowhere near 33bhp!!!!!!! it has to be under 14.5bhp to be learner legal!

14.5bhp to be learner legal? :confused:

Back when I was learning (a few years ago - ahem!) the max power allowed on a learner bike up to 124cc was 12 bhp. Some of the 100cc commuter bikes were pushing out almost that much! Was quite funny seeing one of these chrome mudguard/ spoked wheel bikes giving restricted race styled 125 sports bike a hard time :p

Has the law been changed with regards to the maximum power allowed for riding solo on 'L' plates?

It's so long ago since I took my bike test. When I did it, I had to ride round some streets while an instructor stood at the side of the rode with a clip board! That was the 'Part 2' test. 'Part 1' was pretty much the same as the CBT that is around now.

Best thing was that when I passed my test at 17, I immediately had a full (unrestricted power/ capacity) motorcycle licence. None of this semi restriction licence unless a direct access test had been taken. Thing was, there was no way I could afford to buy or insure anything particularly fast at 17! I had to save my money and buy the GPz 550 when I was 19, two years later. :rolleyes:

No.1 - Suzuki RG125 FUP

No.2 - Honda VFR 400 NC30

No.3 - Kawasaki ZX6R F3

No.4 - Kawasaki GPZ 500 (Winter Hack!)

No.5 - Kawasaki ZX6R J2 (Current Bike)

As you may be able to tell, i'm a bit of a Kawi nut now :)

Saying that tho, never had owt that handled as well as my NC30, brilliant bike

Twincamms, dont suppose you post on the MCNNinja's forum do ya?

My Current Beauty :)

IMG_1419800.JPG

Back