PXL_20230728_173016388~3.jpg

Panda Bianco the 100HP 🀍

This is my newly acquired project; Bianco the 2008 Panda 100HP!
I bought him as a non runner, praying for an easy fix...After getting him delivered last weekend, I was away on holiday in Devon! So I didn't actually get to see him again until this Friday just gone (28/07)!

Got to work fitting the new fuel pump and bingo! We were in business, Bianco runs πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ He also sounds cracking (from the back).... A slight bump in the road to an MOT is the gaping hole in the flexi on his rather fruity sounding straight through Powerflow system... Also another slight issue is the ABS light illuminated on the dash...uh oh!

A new standard exhaust system has just been ordered, just to get him through the MOT. After that I'll look into getting the Powerflow system repaired, so he can go back to full Punchy Panda goodness!

I'm going to go around the whole car giving the ABS sensors a good clean up to see if that helps, but worst case just replace them all for peace of mind.

Hopefully he'll be back to rude health by the end of August 😁🐼 (he needs to be as he's my ULEZ car πŸ™ˆ)

Attachments

• PXL_20230728_204952911.jpg
    PXL_20230728_204952911.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 66
Great to see Bianco getting some love - hope you get to enjoy him soon!
Regarding the blowing exhaust, the flexi does seem to get a hammering as the lowest point on the car. Mine recently got bashed to pieces.
I joined the small crowd on here who cut out the flexi and replaced, could be an option if you want to keep the Powerflow:
flexi 05.jpg

Great to see Bianco getting some love - hope you get to enjoy him soon!
Regarding the blowing exhaust, the flexi does seem to get a hammering as the lowest point on the car. Mine recently got bashed to pieces.
I joined the small crowd on here who cut out the flexi and replaced, could be an option if you want to keep the Powerflow:
View attachment 427629
Looks like a neat job! Upon buying a new exhaust and going to fit it... I've now realised the flexi is absolutely fine πŸ™ˆ The flange has taken a beating at some point and has bent it so there's a gap at the top of the join, so it's blowing from there.

Unfortunately looks like it'll need a new downpipe pretty soon to cure it. Unless I can beat the flange flat again? πŸ™ˆ

By flange do you mean this part? Repeated impact split my exhaust here.
flexi 01.jpg

That flange was part of the flexi on mine. The downpipe from the cat ends in a straight section of pipe after the bend. Unless the 100HP has a different downpipe arrangement?

Attachments

• flexi 03.jpg
    flexi 03.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 43
By flange do you mean this part? Repeated impact split my exhaust here.
View attachment 427651
That flange was part of the flexi on mine. The downpipe from the cat ends in a straight section of pipe after the bend. Unless the 100HP has a different downpipe arrangement?
The 100HP arrangement is different yeah. By flange I mean the two mating surfaces between the downpipe and the middle box. Mine has been caught on something in the past and bent out of shape, so it's actually forcing the top of the flanges apart, creating a blow. The flexi is actually perfectly fine πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

One bolt came off straight away, but unfortunately the other was well stuck and has now rounded off in my haste to remove! I think I'll have to buy a new manifold/car/downpipe to cure it all, but that'll have to wait for now πŸ™ˆ

You can buy stainless flanges and pipe so just make up a joint with a short stub for the flexi. Also check the catalyst outlet stub as they crack at the welds. I made a bracket from the gearbox to the exhaust flange to provide better support than the usual bracket.

You can buy stainless flanges and pipe so just make up a joint with a short stub for the flexi. Also check the catalyst outlet stub as they crack at the welds. I made a bracket from the gearbox to the exhaust flange to provide better support than the usual bracket.
I did that on my old Lancia, with a flexi from larkspeed, and to further support the pipe I welded two lugs and put springs on

The catalyst outlet pipe to the flexi needs a solid support. The Fiat clamp rots away because its mild steel against stainless and the bolt seizes into the alloy sump casting. I replaced the studs on my pipe flange as the thread were shot. I made a bracket that goes from a flange bolt to the gearbox dog bone mounting bolt. This gives good support and has lasted well. I will try to get a picture of it.

Bianco is now ready for his MOT 😁 Very much looking forward to driving him!

After getting him running, replacing two very bald tyres, a ripped CV boot and fixing up the exhaust, we attempted to take him for an MOT last Saturday. Squealing brakes made us turn back... probably alittle bit optimistic expecting a car that's sat for quite a while to be MOT ready in a week πŸ™ˆ

Turns out it was just a disc dust shield touching the back of the disc! Phew! Gave the calipers a good clean and lubricant while I was there for peace of mind. Got lucky with the ABS light... Just turns out there wasn't one in the NSF wheel at all! New one sourced and fitted πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

So now, brakes sorted, ABS light gone, he's ready for round 2! Roll on Saturday!

Attachments

• PXL_20230801_195410540.jpg
    PXL_20230801_195410540.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 60
Good news! Bianco passed his MOT πŸ₯³

A few advisories to sort (one of which is front brake pads being low but they've got loads of meat on them, so god knows what the guy was looking at πŸ˜‚) but we'll get there. Made alot easier by the fact I can actually drive him to work now to get him on a ramp πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

Can't get the grin off my face whenever I drive him, such a good laugh!

Attachments

• PXL_20230815_174308357.jpg
    PXL_20230815_174308357.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
Just realised I'd forgotten to update this thread!

Bianco got a new standard exhaust system from the manifold back fitted in the middle of September. What a difference it makes! I feel like I can actually use him now without feeling either embarrassed by the sound or attracting 17 year old boy racers in pop and bang mobiles at the traffic lights πŸ˜‚

The exhaust was fitted by Fettle and Finesse in Leicester, an absolutely lovely guy who clearly has a massive love for Panda 100HP's. He spent so much time fettling and finessing (lives up well to his company name!) the car so everything was perfect. I'd recommend him to anyone who wants the job done right.

Next on the list is a full suspension refresh. I've managed to source a super cheap set of Bilstein B4's through work, result! With some nice new top mounts and droplinks (the springs are near enough new already) he'll be good as new. Exciting times! 😁

Just got back from MITCAR in Bianco and loved every minute of it. Was brilliant to talk to like-minded people. It was breath of fresh air from the usual classic car show snobbery.

Attachments

• received_701586732008651.jpeg
    received_701586732008651.jpeg
    990.6 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20231008_130114379.jpg
    PXL_20231008_130114379.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 77
Bianco has now got a fresh set of suspension all round!

Once again I took him to Fettle and Finesse in Leicestershire. Laurence cares so much about these little Panda's and it shows not only in his work, but also his work ethic!

Bianco had a full set of Bilstein B4 shocks fitted, along with new top mounts and droplinks. Also new bump stops on the rear.

The poor old Koni's he was previously on had definitely seen better days! πŸ™ˆ See the photo of the damaged one below... 🫣

After an alignment and a couple of new tyres to get a matching set, he now drives spot on, how a 100HP should drive! 😍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105-205628.png
    Screenshot_20240105-205628.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20240105-205647.png
    Screenshot_20240105-205647.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20240105-205919.png
    Screenshot_20240105-205919.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20240105-205833.png
    Screenshot_20240105-205833.png