General Best Tyres ?

Currently reading:
General Best Tyres ?

potter99

I have a 120 T Jet Active Sport, running on Continental Contisport Contact 3,
size 225/45 R17.

They will all need changing soon and I find these very noisy - what do you recommend, I do like a little blast but nothing silly - just need something a lot quieter.

Thanks !

Best bet is to go onto mytyres.com, blackcircles etc search for your size and look at the noise ratings...

Personally I put grip, wear and cost before noise!

I've heard good things about the Uniroyal Rainsport 3s. I currently run Rainsport 2s, which have been discontinued, and can only say good things about them, unlike the standard Premium Contacts. I'll be getting the RS3s next.

I have Vredestein Ultrac Vorti on the front of mine. Cost £85 each for 225/40/18 and the grip is amazing, I have to seriously try hard in the dry to break traction and even in monsoon rain they have felt incredibly planted. swift they have the extra sidewall for protection too.

I installed Rainsport 3 on my Alfa 147 and the grip was fantastic. Rolling noise was ok but importantly I found the ride became more comfortable (less harsh).

Just bought 4 Goodyear efficient grip performance 205x55x16 W rated from kwikfit online. They give you £40 cashback and I went through topcashback Web site and got a further £14 back. Works out about £57 a tyre!

Back