best photo you've taken

Currently reading:
best photo you've taken

Spain last year :)

The_Beach_by_manthatkidisscrewed.jpg
Not bad. :) Is it a joiner? If so, you need to keep the horizon at the centre of the picture, to prevent it becoming bowed.

Really like that shot mate.

Been trying pan's on my phone, but new camera this week :) What programme you use?

I stitch the pictures using Windows Live Gallery on one of my Vista PCs, it's a freebie from Micro$oft, once stitched I then crop to remove the odd borders. Since I started doing Panoramas my perception of views has changed as I work out how to take them (wide or narrow angle lens). I frequently end up twiddling my thumbs waiting for the Camera to dump down data to the compact flash card (I guess old tight wallet has to think about buying faster cards)

I tend to use an 18/50mm zoom lens mostly set to 50mm for panoramas to keep detail. It's also worth remembering you can turn a panorama pic on it's side for tall thin buildings - here's an example

IMG01120Stitch.jpg

Of course there is a downside to panoramas, if you have dust on the lens you end up with the same fleck making multiple appearances :bang: :bang:

You also end up taking a hell of a lot more pictures, but some of them may be good enough to stand up on their own as well as being part of a panorama.

Trev

Jus a couple from new york..
Sat courtside at New york Knicks vs New Jersey nets.

Good old Ms liberty, lol.

View from 45th floor from hotel (y)

This is edited btw (only brightness and contrast have been changed nothing else), but i really like it :)

This is my favourite photo of those I've taken. On a friends boat/home during the summer of 2008 on the Thames during a short holiday. Very peaceful few days that felt like a month. :)

Back