General Best brake discs for MK2?

Currently reading:
General Best brake discs for MK2?

Hey!

I'm thinking of replacing my brake discs at some point, it's not essential to do it cause I have no problem braking. But I think the discs could do with replacing at a later date, so I'm asking on here on what people think are the best brake discs out there that are value for money and are decent for braking power etc you get the idea I'm sure! :D

Thanks in advance guys! (y)

Original manufacturer spec discs from a local motorfactors

my local stocks Mintex so thats whats in mine

You will need, well be advised to change pads at the same time

Euro car parts are normally good value for money it's who most garages use, be careful using budget brakes from eBay ect as I've known people who have put there foot to the floor and not had a response, very dangerous! Probably no help but just sharing a view!:)

A Steel disc is a steel disc

what gets you the better co-efficient of friction is the pads really

Ferodo - Mintex - Pagid(make for BMW/Prosche/Audi etc)

I've had a mix of all 3
I actually like Mintix / Pagid better
currently have Pagid on at the moment, and they do compete imo with mintex

ferodo are a last minuite oh crap need pads at halfords and paying double....

Ziggy

These are available as stock replacements at my garage, no modification needed if you want to spice things up :)

0ilPPoa.jpg

The physics are simple -- if you want better brakes, increase the diameter and the swept area of the pads. All else is playing about at the edges.

Otherwise, I'd just fit new disks -- any replacements you factor has in should be fine, new pads unless they're very new or you can trust yourself to flat them off accurately. Dunlop, Mintex, Ferodo.

Yes you get different steel, lets put it this way - i wouldnt be using something thats in a white box with a label

QH disc's did me fine and dandy :)

Also the rule of thumb
if you change a disc 1 side, you do the other
if you change a disc, you require a new set of pads

its to keep braking force balance, and wear similar
You dont want 1 side to be scraping metal on metal because the otherside was ""fixed""

Same for shoes/drums, i dont like using old shoes on new drums, start again, start from fresh :)

Ziggy

Back