General beep beep economy mode

Currently reading:
General beep beep economy mode

lancasterpete

I have just had my Mk2 2004 Ulysse beep at me and display on the infotelematic display (this being the big LCD screen in the middle) economy mode. How where and most importantly why, I didn't do anything guv. Are there any other settings or has the Ulysse developed a mind of its own.

:confused:

I think mine did this when I had the sat nav and cd player on without the engine running for some time. I got the economy mode message then every thing switched off, I assumed its to save the battery.

As Ian says the Economy mode message is when the RT3 unit has been on for around 5 minutes maybe more without the engine running and is to safe guard the battery.

Ah, that economy mode!

Yes, seems to ring a bell now, it is to do with the RT3. I get confused, because it isn't my primary vehicle in the household :p

I have a Peugeot 1007 (seems to be the only one I've seen too!) as well as the Ulysse, and this also flashes up economy mode when the electric doors are used more than a few times without the engine running.

I think it is just to do with the use of power sapping equipment without the engine running. The 1007 manual gives advice about opeining and closing the doors manully (i.e. a big shove) should the economy mode warning happen.

Matt

Back