Technical Battery light

Currently reading:
Technical Battery light

death_paladin9

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with the battery indicator on dashboard. It's always on, it goes of after 4500 RPM, under that value it is on. I've checked, my alternator and it is giving me aprox. 14.3 - 14.4 V, but on the osciloscope the voltage is having some fluxuation in almost sinus curve. Could this be Regulator, a bad diode maybe :confused:

Thx,

Death Paladin

When it goes off, does it stay off for the duration of the journey or come back on when you drop speed?

I think a resistance level has to be passed for the battery light to go of depending on how your one is wired. My battery light will go out as soon as I reach about 2500-3000 RPM and stay out.

If the Alternator is fine then your battery might not be retaining a charge. Or your battery warning light wiring may be split or earthing.

When I drop speed, it comes back on. (only above 4000-5000 RPM is goes off, and below that comes on). The voltage on the osciloscope is curved but it should be straight line. I am asking this here, becouse mechanic said, that the diode panel and regulator must be replaced. I hope he will not cheat on me.

Back