Technical Batt power dist. fuse

Currently reading:
Technical Batt power dist. fuse

Zaphod

Anyone know the amp rating of the fuse on the battery power distribution module on a 2027 Fiat 500x multiair?
IMG_3695.JPG

Hi :)

Why did it fail.. ? big electrical load to blow that fuse

Make sure you are not going to start a fire
Fuse not blown. Bought the car a few months ago. It had a little over 23,000 miles on it. Been running fine until I took it to the car wash. As I walked around the car knocking the mud out of the fender wells the marker lights would flicker when I sprayed near the door handles. I figured it was something to do with the key fob and making contact through the water. When I got in the car wouldn't turn over. My wife said the dash lights were flickering while I was washing the car. Decided the five year old battery had died so called my son and he ran a new one to me. When I started to pull the old batt I noticed the connection on the fuse was black from heat. On further inspection found the connection to be loose, thus the heat from resistance. Pulled the connection box to find the plastic melted and to the point the top of the battery was partially melted. Put the new battery in, tightened the connections and car started right up and drove home fine. When I got home pulled the distribution plate, repaired the melted plastic and cleaned all connections thoroughly. I don't like the looks of the fuse so am trying to find the proper amperage. I can find no amp rating on the fuse. I have looked on line and can not find any info. One thing I did find out is, Jeep Renegade runs the same engine as the Fiats so I looked under that model too. Still nothing positive. Closest I can come to an estimate is 60 to 70 amps.

Sorry.. no definitive answer here.. but maybe they are Defined by the Color

One I blew with a faulty heater plug was REDView attachment 418719
Yours have a nice big numbers on top. Mine is beige but no amp markings that I saw. I am leaning toward 70 amp. Forgive me for being so bold, but what is the wire on the red fuse? Also the connections, especially the battery post are quite dirty. It would be in you best interest to clean them and address jumper wire on that fuse. I have a bit of experience with batteries and electrical connections having built two electric cars. At any rate, thank you for the photo, it does give me more input on my discission making.

Anyone know the amp rating of the fuse on the battery power distribution module on a 2027 Fiat 500x multiair?
View attachment 418714
This is called a MEGA / AMG Fuse (both registered trade marks)

BROWN / TAN colour is 500A. Max rated load current of 338A @ 20degC (rating chart in info below)

If you turn the fuse over you may find more info on the underside if is is not a window fuse.

This fuse (if fitted as some 500X don't have it) is the Starter / Alternator feed.

1676450838122.png

This is called a MEGA / AMG Fuse (both registered trade marks)

BROWN / TAN colour is 500A. Max rated load current of 338A @ 20degC (rating chart in info below)

If you turn the fuse over you may find more info on the underside if is is not a window fuse.

This fuse (if fitted as some 500X don't have it) is the Starter / Alternator feed.

View attachment 418723
Thanks, I came across the Mega's.
The fuse in the car is an MTA with CAL.5 stamped on both sides but no amp rating.
I think I have found what I am looking for on good old ebay.
I am always nervus when working on electrical stuff making me over cautious.

Back