bagdhad sleeps easy tonight....

Currently reading:
bagdhad sleeps easy tonight....

because no one wants a murderous paranoid schizophrenic roaming iraq...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8477346.stm

better we keep him here, and provide the finest, most expensive treatment and accomodation available, all at the expense of the human rights loving taxpayer. and of course, since locking up for an indefinite term could be considered cruel and unusual, and violating his human rights, expect to see our fully recovered friend roaming the high street in the near future. (y)

There's a common theme here Jai,

These muppets let their fiends (yes that spelling is deliberate) out with showing any respect to OUR human rights :bang:

Or are they saying that we are inhuman :eek:

That's it im outta here. Going to Australia (can get in on a Professional Skills Visa) at least they have real immigration control and aren't scared of hurting anyone's feelings for what they believe is right

oh chris, tut tut. where is the milk of human compassion for this multiple sadistic homicidal maniac? please report to brussels for re-education and forced acceptance of the new order.:rolleyes:

That's it im outta here. Going to Australia (can get in on a Professional Skills Visa) at least they have real immigration control and aren't scared of hurting anyone's feelings for what they believe is right

Good thinking, although we caved and let in a bunch of asylum seekers stuck on a boat (don't know if you heard) and now a few weeks later ASIO (our main intelligence agency) is protesting it because they have found that some of the people have terrorist links. For f**k sake, ASIO is the god damn government, how could they not have known this before hand - I mean come on we left them on the ship for about a month I think and still didn't check that out.

Probably because your all so laid back over there. Probably got a memo and hadn't got round to filling it :nerner: :p

Also do you get Fiat Coupe's in australia? :)

Nah, no coupe's over here, they don't comply with Australian Design Rules. But it is possible to import them and make them comply but I'd hazard a guess and say it's not a simple or cheap process.

We are laid back, it's great until something needs to be done.

:(. What sort of things make them NOT comply? It's kinda a weird there allowed in UK and Europe including Germany who are really strict with their Automotive design.

Google for Australian Design Rules. Be scared. The ADRs are frighteningly specific and have no wiggle room. On the upside you can buy a silly V8 car for relatively little money.

Re the Coupe, it would be easier if you had a certificate of compliance for its home market. I know some people who have brought in Japanese cars this way. If you could get such a cert from, say, Fiat UK you could possibly sidestep a lot of grief. You'd then probably only have to have the gauges converted to metric (easy win, euro coupes came this way) and have to meet emissions regs so possibly a new exhaust. And get it engineer inspected. Also, if it's been registered in your name for 18 months or more in your home market and you're immigrating to Australia you can import it as part of personal possessions and avoid paying massive tax on the import. There are limitations on that scheme though. You couldn't bring in 12 cars for instance. The New South Wales Roads & Traffic Authority website has a ton of info on this. Google RTA NSW.

Too bad however that they have a cap on computer games. Apparantly yuo can't buy ones that are rated 18 elsewhere because the state general says it's to protect the kiddies. This is despite the fact that 18 rated films are allowed in cinemas and get this, there are sex shops all over the streets. Or so I read somewhere.

Still, the Holden car company make some nice machines. Love their ute.

Holden_ute_SS-V_m_m.jpg

Too bad however that they have a cap on computer games. Apparantly yuo can't buy ones that are rated 18 elsewhere because the state general says it's to protect the kiddies. This is despite the fact that 18 rated films are allowed in cinemas and get this, there are sex shops all over the streets. Or so I read somewhere.

Holden_ute_SS-V_m_m.jpg

There isn't a 'cap' on computer games, they simply do not have an R18 rating for games and so any games that are released must comply with MA15 (the next highest rating) standards. It's fairly likely this will get changed soon though as there is a fair amount of support for the motion at the moment.

There aren't sex shops 'all over the streets' there's only one within a twenty minute drive, and besides I doubt they make much money on the shop front, it's probably all online these days.

And Holdens are decent cars, but they are the same models that are released under a Chevy badge elsewhere.

Holden_ute_SS-V_m_m.jpg

Thats what the internets for ;) :nerner:

Back