Back in the fold

Currently reading:
Back in the fold

J

Jayfish

Saturday I picked up Tommy K's 155HGT, codename Rhubarb.

Drove it the 160 miles home and instantly fell in love with it, it's so characterful but damn that redline just asks for it, please sir give me revs!

All was well until some old git in a K reg BMW started brake testing me on the M11, so I popped past him and he sat behind me matching speed with full beam on! wtf i thought. I was totally perplexed, sat at 75 indicated speed, so circa 70 actually MPH and he just sat there behind me full beam on!

I pushed on and he matched me, sarted getting me paranoid the rear lights were out or something, so I tried to distance myself from him and he matched whatever speed I did Full beam in the pissing rain, I was considering hitting the hard shoulder just to get the ******* away from me.

WTF, is a yellow FIAT such a sight that it brings out the anger in random 70 year olds?

Dropped behind him, because it was that or drop a cog and leave him for dead, but in the conditions with lakes appearing, fast would have been stupid, gave him the full beam poly treatment and he tried to kill me and 300 other M11 users with a full on stand on the brakes in lane 3!

I know the car is prety but really it's no reason to try and end my life!!!

Sorry for the cool story bro moment but it had me baffeled, maybe the polys on dip seemed bright to him and he decided to become vigilante old dear, lane swapping on me slowing, braking, blocking overtakes etc...

All I wanted was to get home safe and sound.

Maybe it was a relative of Oz's determined to keep all other brrom yellows off the road ;)

(this may also be the source of the 'spotted going fast HGT' I got by text today :p
I wasn't gunning it just trying to get away from an insane OAP!!!)

Tommy she's in good hands honest, it wasn't me it was teh other bloke, honest!!!

1.gif

they **** me off old farts,they think they own the road and know how to drive!

but reading that,was you tailgating by any chance before you decided to overtake him? Cos that winds me up too lol ;)

I prefer to call it slipstreaming rather than tailgating.... :)

Don't worry Jay had the same thing last time I was out on the A1 with my dad... Bloke in a people carrier just wouldn't let me past him.

Maybe they just like to look at it ;)

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Ahhh., old farts... bloody hate the geriatric fools!

I think i need to make my car even more lairy, really **** em off!

I want a 5 pot back in my life :(