Technical back box price issues??!!

Currently reading:
Technical back box price issues??!!

bravo project

my old man has an '03 plate stilo 1.2 active 16v 5door which has two holes in the back box.

i have called a few local motor factors who have quoted around 120-150quid for a new one plus labour....does this seem about rite cos it seems a little pricey to me?!

also every place i called said that when changing the back box you have to change the two parts of the exhaust if its the original back box from new...is this true or should i source my own and fit it myself...

Cheaper here, only costs about £30:
http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/

I don't think there's any difference between the 3 door and 5 door, but find out before you order.

What two other parts do you mean? There's 2 rubber mounts holding it in place, one of which is available from the link above for a few pence. The other one fits right at the back and is made of rubber and metal but can only be bought from Fiat. Costs about £8 but you might not have to replace it depending on the condition of the current one.

If they said you have to replace the other parts of the exhaust system, I'm fairly sure that's ********.

Last edited:
many of them said two parts of the exhaustare to be changed..i thought this was b******s to be honest and cheers for the link il check it out!

Got a price from CES in Crewe for a full Cat back
exhaust middle pipe and the proper back box for the 1.8
inlet and outlet pipes at the front of the box.
came to less than £80.00 plus Vat. Bosal Timex
or other aftermarket manufacturer. Fit it myself
if need be. If the existing silencers still fitted
you'd be better replacing both as mid has a flexible
pipe and the back suffers from corrosion.

John

Back