Technical AUX port location

Currently reading:
Technical AUX port location

So, a 1.4 16V Starjet Dynamic with 20.000km genuine just rolled home. Parents want music, pushing the SRC button shows AUX. But for the life of me, there is no AUX port anywhere to be seen. :confused::confused:

So, a 1.4 16V Starjet Dynamic with 20.000km genuine just rolled home. Parents want music, pushing the SRC button shows AUX. But for the life of me, there is no AUX port anywhere to be seen. :confused::confused:

I think the aux port on the Starjet is right next to the turbo boost and seat eject buttons.

turbo-boost.jpg

Most useful response. If you tried to mock me, you haven't read the post. SRC has a CD, TUNER and AUX option avaliable.

If you reffer to the Starjet moniker, that's how they call the non-turbo 1.4 16V 90bhp engine.

If you tried to be funny and tell me there isn't one....well, you just wasted some time there.

You need to fit an AUX lead to the socket at the back of the radio. If you search the forum for "fitting aux in" you should find a thread about it.

Much appreciated. I suspected this would be the case. I assume there isn't much of a chance to somehow connect this radio to a USB stick? They really like the look of the radio and it's more than capable of meeting their sound quality criteria. Don't want any flashy aftermarket.

Some sort of xcarlink? Or something?

What you are also missing (too busy being a snob) that I saw a function for AUX and thought the port is hidden somewhere perhaps. A fact that is not stated in the threads and on the internet.

Seeing as people open threads like "help nao need diz" and then ask in rotten English what they came for...I think that my thread which I will reuse for a different question now, just for your convenience, is not going to harm the quality of the forum.

Now, if you don't mind: Has anyone tried hooking up a USB of sorts to the Visteon head unit? Is it even possible.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
What you are also missing (too busy being a snob) that I saw a function for AUX and thought the port is hidden somewhere perhaps. A fact that is not stated in the threads and on the internet.

Seeing as people open threads like "help nao need diz" and then ask in rotten English what they came for...I think that my thread which I will reuse for a different question now, just for your convenience, is not going to harm the quality of the forum.

Now, if you don't mind: Has anyone tried hooking up a USB of sorts to the Visteon head unit? Is it even possible.

Jeez, take a chill pill Jill! (n)

Jeez, take a chill pill Jill! (n)

It's frustrating, that's all. And the old man nagging for a solution isn't helping my mood at all.

There are sorts of adapters that let you use USB drives and memory cards with the standard head unit/

look here for an example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Digital-CD-Music-Changer-USB-SD-MP3-for-Qubo-Fiat-Alfa-Romeo-Series-Bravo-/190836838355?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2c6ec30fd3

They plug at the back of the head unit and make it think you have a CD charger when in fact you are playing mp3 files from the USB or memory card.

Thank you. I had this in mind, just not sure right now if the rear plug matches the one in the ad. I'll yank it out and check. It states a Blaupunkt radio and AFAIK those are up to 2007. Our car is a 2010, so it's a Visteon I think. Can I expect much difference?

Oh and I've noticed you need some large flat keys to remove the radio? Is this something FIAT sells or shall I peruse eBay? Homemade an option too?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back