Technical Auto wiper woes

Currently reading:
Technical Auto wiper woes

I've been having some problems with the auto wipers on my bravo. They have a mind of their own sometimes - when you want them to work they never come on then when they do come on they go to the fastest setting there is like, monsoon speed and don't stop until you turn them off. Some days they work just fine.

So I took it over to reasearch Nuneaton and they said it could be the sensor and because the car is less than three years old it can be done under warranty. The car went in yesterday and had a new sensor fitted however the problem is still there so they need it in again for a more deeper look :(

Has anyone had this problem with thier auto wipers?

I've been having some problems with the auto wipers on my bravo. They have a mind of their own sometimes - when you want them to work they never come on then when they do come on they go to the fastest setting there is like, monsoon speed and don't stop until you turn them off. Some days they work just fine.

So I took it over to reasearch Nuneaton and they said it could be the sensor and because the car is less than three years old it can be done under warranty. The car went in yesterday and had a new sensor fitted however the problem is still there so they need it in again for a more deeper look :(

Has anyone had this problem with thier auto wipers?

Wow that's weird mate,

Thanks guys, well the cars in the dealership now having a good talking to, I've been given a 500 to burn around in while its in there (quite a fun little car to my surprise) so will report back when all is done. I must admit I'm not hoping for much. I have a feeling it'll be one of those things that I'll have to put up with :(

So...... It's now been a week since snoopys been back from the garage and this weeks weather has really given me the chance to test the wipers. When I picked him up the girl behind the desk was very vague about what the problem was when I asked her what was wrong. "We changed the sensor and another part" she said. I nearly pointed out that the sensor had been changed 2 weeks previously with no success to the problem but I quickly realised that the girl behind the desk knew nowt and with a queue of customers quickly building up behind me I decided to bail out of the questions and just smile and nod and leave with the keys :)

Has the problem gone away? Well yes and no. On the whole whatever they've done has seemed to have worked - the wipers are now operating more closely to how they should. I still think that even at the least sensitive setting they come on a bit too early. God knows why I would need to use the other 3 more sensitive settings. Occasionally it does jump to the very fast setting for one wipe but at least it stops.

So not a very useful thread it seems as I can't actually give an answer to the problem other that it's just one of those weird fiat oddities that we love (or hate) that I just have to put up with :)

I don't rate them at all (n) much prefer the old style - it'll end up costing me a fortune in wiper blades :eek:

I believe if you disconnect the sensor they'll just revert to working like none auto wipers with auto becoming intermittent which can be adjusted with the increments on the stalk (y)

Back