Technical Audio query

Currently reading:
Technical Audio query

My daughter has blown the speakers on her car...she likes it LOUD...

So my query is am I able to 'upgrade' with any later model parts?...ie head unit and speakers...

Last edited:
You'd need a 'CAN compatible' head unit, or you'll loose the wheel controls (if any), regarding thes peakers, beside the obvious physical restrictions, you should match the impedance (resistance in AC current). Don't try to save quids on them, they're too often the weakest link ...

BRs, Bernie

1. loud music=> permanent hearing degradation.
2. You should get some aftermarket speakers. Choose a good brand with more power than the OEM's. should prevent them from blowing out again.

(i would go through the menu and search if you can alter the max volume...easily doping that down... over a few weeks ..one/two points at a time... for her own good - it would also be really funny hearing her wine how it doesn't sound as loud as before )

Was the car equiped with the active sub in the trunk ? If not that would be a nice upgrade, you'll need a donor car though since it requires extra output @ the head unit. It's not really much more powerfull but it gives the sound a nicer 'enveloppe' and definitely deeper basses...

BRs, Bernie

Last edited:
The car is a bog standard Grand Punto with no aftermarket features...

My question was ..can I retro fit a later model Grand Punto stereo system?...I have done this in my own car..a Vauxhall.

Back